Anderson and Hester Computer

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by 4th_and_18, Nov 30, 2008.

1. 4th_and_18

4th_and_18 100+ Posts

The rankings used in this week's bcs, for a&h comp, are the same as last weeks. When i go to his website, it shows last weeks rankings, records, point totals, etc. Does anybody know a reason for this? I just want to see how close we were in that computer.

2. MarylandHorn

MarylandHorn 500+ Posts

I see exactly where you are going with that, and I too have wondered why they use the points in the two polls rather than the place, but use integer values for the computers. I suppose they think it will be taken care of in the averages, but when you take the top and bottom score out, you reduce the pool of points so low that the differences between places become relatively large compared to what it might be if they used the real scores like are used in the polls. I'm not surprised this method would put Texas ahead, but I can't find the pure scores on Anderson Hester either. You know, if they did use an average of the points, they wouldn't have to throw out the top and bottom scores either since the differences might be compressed for the outliers.

3. 4th_and_18

4th_and_18 100+ Posts

^^^exactly

i had another post with the actual values used, but it needs more work before i put it up

4. 4th_and_18

4th_and_18 100+ Posts

The differential using all the values available stands at a .18385 advantage for Texas. now, to use that to figure out who actually won....well, someone else will have to figure that out.