Another (longer) Chronicle article on QB

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by BigEarlinBastrop, Mar 2, 2012.

1. BigEarlinBastrop

BigEarlinBastrop 250+ Posts

2. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

3. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

Add to that piece from chron.dot.com on Thru, this one from Ced Golden of Austin-Statesman following Friday's open practice. I fully agree with what it says. Late afternoon Austin sports radio was buzzing about Ash. Also, let me add... analysis of Eli Manning on an ESPN talk show made a point of how the Giants focused on Eli developing: ie., they gave it a chance. He was that kind of guy. And they saw it. Most of last year's "game" by Ash was that he was a freshman who should have shirted, and he had almost no chance at the position (relatively speaking) until way into September.

Manning had five years, we have five months. I'm hoping, as Golden wishes, that following the Spring Game, David Ash can be given that necessary ingredient (you, you're the leader; go lead), and the rest of the team can make use of the summer ahead with a leader.

By the summer of 2005, it was why Vince could call out the practices and work ethic. I'm okay with spring practice being treated as an open competition and a grading system, so when the grades are in by twilight on April 1 -- time to act grown up. Everybody.

No controversy here: Ash has Horns' QB job in hand (Cedric Golden, Statesman, 2-Mar)

4. Longbomb

Longbomb 500+ Posts

I like the part where they talked about the JUCO transfers.

5. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin