Any Heat in Pete's Seat?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Dude, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Dude

Dude 1,000+ Posts

You think the USC boosters, fans and brass are tired of USC not going back to the MNC game? I doubt there is any heat yet, but how long does SC put up with 4 losses? They have had the best recruiting classes of anyone over the last several years and put a ton of talent into the NFL but do not have the results of teams like Texas and Florida. The bad press about NCAA violations plus Cholly talking about him shacking up with a student can't help either.

2. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

No. As long as he can beat ND and UCLA regularily he is set.

3. jackden

jackden 100+ Posts

Not until USC starts to have losing seasons.

4. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

If Weis is correct, Pete has plenty of heat somewhere very near his seat. [​IMG]

5. Alto Relex

Alto Relex 250+ Posts

I thought this thread was about a Dr. Seuss book.

6. Soviet Union

Soviet Union 500+ Posts

USC football is dead as long as Coach February is coach.

Too stubborn, too much of an egomaniac and control freak to make the necessary changes.

PC peaked in '04, built the best program in the country, had the best staff ever, then he destroyed it all for no good reason other than his dumb *** thought it was all him and he would not be sharing credit with anyone. He hated hearing "The Norm Chow offense"

What we have had for 5 years now is Pete Carroll starting his own coaching tree and molding all his inexperienced, unqualified yes men into mini PC's. His micromanaging has made us a complete joke offensively. He's also devoting less time to football and more time to his charity A Better LA, promoting his "Win Forever" brand, and wasting time on Twitter and all that.

Oh and the Pac-10 has caught up to Pete. His boring, predictable, conservative schemes do not work anymore and he's loathe to adapt to the ever-changing college game. Hell even the NFL is adapting more than PC will.

He plays favorites and his competition mantra is a bunch of ********. Matt Barkley is overrated and yet Pete will NEVER EVER admit something is his fault. Barkley is his golden boy. All 12 of his picks this year were someone else's fault. Granted MB is playing in an absolute garbage offensive system but he is not the all-world QB some made him out to be. He's short, he's painfully slow (makes Leinart look like a freaking gazelle), he has a slow release, he's inaccurate, he stares down his WR, his pocket presence is questionable, and he is an interception machine. He has a strong arm. That's about it. Good kid and it's not his fault he's way overhyped but that's just the truth. The worst part is Carroll is literally in love with the guy. We were joking that his mistress is really Matt Barkley lol.

Look for USC to become a FSU/Bobby Bowden situation. Coach February has already chalked this season up to youth and inexperience. ********. I can handle SC losing. But what I cannot accept is getting blown out, losing often at home, and continuing to lose to bad football teams. Nor will I accept a team that gets progressively worse. Carroll's idea is to blame the talent level. Better recruits? SC has the pick of the litter every year, that's still on PC. Anyway, even better recruiting might get SC back to 10-2, but it will not get them anywhere near a NC.

The team discipline that was so improved in the early PC years has been awful the past 5 years. SC is annually ranked among the nation's worst in penalties.

There's a small faction of SC fans that were pointing this out years ago and we've been proven right. However, the rah rahs and Coach Feb. will chalk this one up to a rebuilding year blah blah blah. So no there's no real heat on Coach February

Next year SC will likely go 9-4 if things work out. Pac-10 will be VERY strong next year and there's at least 4 coaches that are much better than Pete. Our overall staff is probably 9th or 10th best in the conference. I posted on this very board Stanford would kill SC and that Arizona would beat us too. Didn't surprise some of us at all. Next year will NOT be significantly better except possibly no more blowout losses but still look for 3-4 losses.

Time for SC to get a new coach. Why wait for SC to crumble into a 6-6 annual disaster like Florida St did? I would kindly inform Pete of the changes he must make and if he refused, fire him.

Btw I stole "Coach February" from you guys you don't need it anymore. My friends think it's funny.

PS - Congrats on getting back to the NC game.