Any injury news?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by wadster, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Man I can't wait to see Ehlinger and Bijan in the run game or maybe JQJ and Bijan, that might be even more exciting or heck even Milroe and Bijan. Plus, our o-lines will be filled with studs. Looks like the offense will be as strong as the 05 offense or maybe even better. Yeah, that's where we be heading!

2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Why not Green? Separated shoulder not a terrible injury.

3. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Any word on Whittington's return if at all this year ? Herman or someone said 6-8 weeks when he was sent to Philly for the surgery back on the first part of September...Is he on track to get back for meaningful time, or will he RS.? If he does get back, would they put him back at WR since Young and Johnson have returned ( assuming they stay healthy ) or look at him as a DB since we have issues there with injuries ? He could be the best DB on the team judging from his high school playing days...Who knows !!!?? The kid maybe can do it all like Jim Thorpe, etc.

4. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I'm all for Whittington redshirting and getting completely healed. That seems like a pretty intense surgery and he had already been playing in pain. Now that most of the others are back I see no need to risk him going through the same thing again.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Well perhaps it's not but seems like it should be, especially since he has to tackle and use that arm to fight off blockers. Is that the same as an arm out of socket cause that is what happened to me at 35?

6. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

When it isn't you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Three websites I found by Google say minimum recovery time is 6 weeks. Sounds serious enough to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Perhaps true but these are elite and fine tuned “young” athletes with access to state of the art and rapidly evolving technology to expedite their recovery. What is typical for mere mortals often may not apply here. But of course, rushing a player back too early is always the wrong decision. (See Kevin Durant.)

I cannot speak for any of the players and their injuries but I have a sense that for someone like Whittington, we might be pleasantly surprised. And consider this: Did any of us expect for Kirk Johnson “to be available” for WVA?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Sterns struggles a lot when it's time to tackle someone in the open field. Gives it his all, and maybe he's out there in no man's land (DB's life, all alone out there), but there's been plays both seasons where I thought "make the damn tackle" or "how'd he miss that". Think he'll be better next year but got that early Wolf nickname for getting those int's and then......mediocre (IMHO)….