Anyone else worried/disappointed

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by caryhorn, Jan 19, 2016.

1. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

They basically just destroyed whatever class they hoped to bring in last night

2. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Without going all racial here, the term "boy" was a very derogative term that whites historically used towards blacks. There may be some overly-sensitive people but that is our world and it's not that tough to master a bit of sensitivity in order to communicate effectively. I'm not inconvenienced by PCness assuming that's what it is. I think if you are a media figure the standards should be higher and Hamm appears to be very sloppy because he is thinking Aggie first and sees blood when he sees burnt orange. He has become a glorifed troll.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

You mean it hurt Texas? I don't Twitter, but arguing with Aggy (or any cult for that matter) is usually a losing proposition.

4. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

The response about there being no other exp

Love that our players are now getting into off-season slam-dunk contests over Twitter :D

5. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Man!! Did he ever! WOW!

6. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

He was on the ZONE this morning being all apologetic.
    They gave him a pretty hard time.
    But he also said he had talked with Irvin about his de-commit and Irvin said Texas is the school to beat.
    He evidently really likes Austin.

• Like Like x 2
  7. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

You see, this is the problem (in my Ross Perot voice). OU has two commits (I'm not concerned about the players themselves, just the fact that they aren't waiting) in the past two days and we are living off of silent commits. What is the point of that?

• Like Like x 1
  8. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Had he just said sorry I meant no harm poor choice of words it would have been let go but the idiot had the nerve to say I might get to 9000 followers tonight after this......wtf dude

9. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Wow. I think I must have been unconscious for the last twenty four hours. Is there a link to what you and the other folks are talking about here. Somebody said something (about Malik, maybe) and then it blew up on the radio; or twitter or ????

Anywho, I would sure appreciate a link to who said what.

10. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Just Google "Taylor Hamm." It's pretty much all there...

11. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

^^^Got it. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Here's apparently what started it all...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

And all heck broke lose after that dude got it from every angle

14. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

I make silent commitments all the time. Mine can not be believed. :smile1:

• Like Like x 4
  15. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

SBD - Silent But Doubtful?

• Like Like x 2
  16. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

The harder I try to understand tweets, the less I understand them. I give up.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

• Like Like x 7
  18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Imagine if we get to play those sheep lovers.

19. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

Now, I understood that tweet.

• Like Like x 3
  20. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

21. LtSwtCrude

LtSwtCrude Guest

That was weak as well water.
    A+ for sophomore assignment: In 500 words or less, demonstrate over-generalization.
    D- for junior assignment: Demonstrate on one page how to give solid references what each main step of your argument.
    A for senior assignment: Write in a way that would go right by the average reader, the art of persuasive journalism that delivers nothing really but appears to by the way you write.

• Like Like x 1
  22. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

23. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

The list people who are embarrassments to aggy is long.

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I guess we only need to wait 7 more days before these silent commits start announcing (up through NSD).

26. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

#IBelieve
    I read one article where Reggie predicts a top 3 class ... Oh my!

27. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

It's tough to know what to think when all we see is no commits and then a decommit (Obi Eboh). So if there's this monster class queuing up quietly over the horizon then I wonder if Obi knew. And if he did, is Stanford that much a no-brainer for him than all Texas has to offer?

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like it may be Porter

The 'one more' ^

Unconfirmed

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  29. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Would love to have Porter.

• Like Like x 3
  30. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

The rah-rah by current players and the truly committed 2016 recruits is great in that it shows some missing cohesiveness. However, since the only people who know are the 2016 recruits (and a lot of them even don't know now) everyone should just stop and take a breath as noting counts other than signatures on NSD.

If looks good for Texas, but what happens if multiple "committed" recruits and most of the "silent" recruits go elsewhere? Will the knives looking for Charlie's back get bigger? Should Texas just forfeit the 2016 season in order not to get mud holed 6 or 7 times?

Just let things that no one outside of the 2016 recruits have any control over happen; take stock; make a new plan and move on.