AOC wants 70% tax on wealthy

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn6721, Jan 4, 2019.

1. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

JF Idaho is in the same boat. Housing prices in the more desirable areas are exploding.
    And thanks SH I needed the positive encouragement.

2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Husker,
    Honest question: why not Omaha/Lincoln?

3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That's like asking, "why not Oklahoma?"

4. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Disagree. I like that area very much, though I haven't lived through a winter there.

Or tornado season.

5. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Your Trump-bone spur-Vietnam memes were not exactly the pinnacle of higher thought either. Many times humor relies on silly hyperbole to be effective.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  6. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Teaming up with Econuts / EcoNazis to curb illegal immigration? Politics clearly makes strange bedfellows.

7. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

I'm not sure where this confusion eminates from but I am not the POTUS.

8. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Well, Reagan was thought to be a doofus too by the left and I think he did alright. ;)

9. Seattle Husker

Trump is no Reagan despite efforts to tie the former to the latters coat tails.

10. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

In many ways he is like Reagan. Regardless of what you believe Trump isn't stupid. The problem is that so much of the "conventional wisdom" that you libs believe to be reality is dead wrong. People who think outside the box will continue to have success just like Trump is having and Reagan did before him.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  11. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Tell him your true thoughts SH. Don't sugar coat it.

"Trump is a poopy head!" Take that Garmel.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I'll never understand the hate people have toward Trump because it's so irrational. The whole "Trump is stupid" trope just doesn't mesh with what we're seeing. If Trump is stupid what the hell does that make Obama?

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Seattle Husker

Teehee.

14. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I wouldn't say I love him but he's doing a hell of a good job which is more than I can say for any of those asswipes you vote for.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

SH must be in 30% of the population according to Scott Adams that doesn’t have a sense of humor.

16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

BS. My cousin moved to SC from NJ, specifically stating taxes.

17. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

When you post a stupid (and hypocritical based on her campaign expenses) take, get called on it, and then actually try to respond and just make things worse... It's ratio time.

Not a sign of economic insight to compare hiring labor to buying shoe leather.

18. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

The question is where are we going after they destroy Texas? I hear Costa Rica is nice.

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

California Democrats who bail on California are like a Biblical horde of locusts. They destroy, move, destroy again, move again. Their inability to think logically and reasonably is staggering. Meanwhile, Texas politicians could have put up a lot more barriers when they had unfettered power and could see this swarm on the way, but they just refused to unseat Joe Straus. A pox upon all their houses.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  20. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Trying to follow here:

"Uber runs at a deliberate loss to monopolize market share. It’s a post-profit model."

So... sub-living wages is causing the loss?

If you’re a shoe business, you don’t get to pay half price for the leather you need just because you’re not profitable.

"No, you find a better supplier or shut your doors."

Living wage is the minimum cost of labor. Anything less is exploitation.

"Raising wages will require raising the rates you are charging. Maybe that's what she means by them operating at a loss. But if they're losing money now due to some "post-profit" pricing matrix, raising prices to break-even still does not push one dime to the drivers."

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

It is difficult to decipher AOC's babble, but it looks as though she is stating that the labor costs shouldn't be reduced because the firm is showing losses. She conveniently ignores the fact that laborers can move to a better job anytime they wish.

She also states the term "living wage", whatever that means. Technically, you can live on water and peanut butter while sleeping under a bridge, so maybe Uber could cut their labor costs to hit that minimum. Regardless, she is almost incoherent.

22. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I can't believe y'all are trying to make any sense out of her prattle.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  23. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

The problem with a politician is when they apply their entitlement to tax dollars to the business world. They think they can make changes and it works in the vacuum that is their mind. When it comes to the federal budget, there is no cost consideration (except for the wall). The money is theirs; not ours.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I guess you missed the part where AOC's mother talks about taxes being the reason for the move...and the fact that many of the LeftCoast tards who move to Austin ALSO make the same claim.

I would not have a problem with the moves from those areas if they would leave their tax and spend politics behind. Instead they bring them to Texas (and other low cost areas) and proceed to screw up the places that were formerly nice and inexpensive places to live.

25. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Virtues are portable; apparently lessons learned are not.

26. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

One of the many problems with is that as far as I know, the people working full time for uber either can"t find another job or made good enough money to leave their other job. Neither works too well in her arguement.

27. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Maybe we should build the wall around California - to keep the Californians from moving out.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

That might work if we also go with the GND and ban all airplanes.

I've long thought that when the wall is built from Texas through Arizona we should turn north and go to the Canadian border.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I'm all for de-federalizing border security. Have to be careful about not restricting flow too much though or you will really hurt your economy.

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3