AP-GfK Poll: Obama slips, other Dems slide, too

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by texascoder, Apr 14, 2010.

1. texascoder

texascoder 1,000+ Posts

AP-GfK Poll
    I can't believe nobody has started a thread about this yet. Feel free to discuss among yourselves [​IMG] Can't wait to see the lib spin on this one...

2. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

i can't believe no one is talking about this one! [​IMG]

The Link

CNN Opinion Research Poll April 9 - 11, 2010

Interviews with 1,008 adult Americans, including 907 registered voters, conducted by telephone by Opinion Research Corporation on April 9-11, 2010. The margin of sampling error for results based on the total sample is plus or minus 3 percentage points and for registered voters is plus or minus 3.5 percentage points.

If the elections for Congress were being held today, which party's candidate would you vote for in your Congressional district?

Dem 50%
    GOP 46%
    Neither 4%
    No Opinion 1%

The polls are all over the place, but yeah, it think the general sentiment is that the GOP will gain seats in Nov. I don't disagree. Are you saying the poll you submitted was surprising?

The GOP will gain seats. The question is how much. How many seats does the GOP need to win in both the Senate and House for it not to be considered a disappointment or a lost opportunity?

3. triplehorn

triplehorn 2,500+ Posts

4. Sugarpunk

Sugarpunk 500+ Posts

Everything predicates on how the economy (jobs) progresses between now and the election. Republicans have reason to be encouraged by the polls as they stand right now. To me, this kind of feels like a redux of spring 2004 when the economy was coming out of the last recession and Bush's approval numbers were low. By November of 2004 the economy had improved and Bush was re-elected. Time will tell.

5. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

6. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

well, the unemplyment figures wont change much. i guess a 10% unemployment rate will be considered fine just like in the 70's.

7. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

I imagine that Hugo Chavez' approval ratings would be low as well if anyone was allowed to print such a thing. Amazingly he keeps getting reelected. Wtih the White House running the census, I expect som Chavista tactics to try to keep himself in office for 8 years, or more.

8. texascoder

texascoder 1,000+ Posts

9. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest