Arabs eye £500m Liverpool buy-out

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Sii, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Sii

Sii 1,000+ Posts

2. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

So Tom Hicks and his buddy could exit after 1 year making a cool $150,000,000 EACH!

Is that what they mean when they say "It takes money to make money"?

I could work 150 years and not make that much money. Wow, just wow. Maybe the DIC is interested in keeping Rafa around and that
    is why someone was released to join BM last week.

[​IMG]

3. Longhorn Tim

Longhorn Tim 250+ Posts

How could the value of the club have gone up that much in a year? Last year DIC was unwilling to match Hicks/Gillet's bid, and now they're going to pay more than twice that much?!?

Sounds like rubbish to me.

4. George-Best

George-Best 100+ Posts

Liverpool has really descended into chaos.

The situation is somewhat analogous to Newcastle. Rafa is not Hicks' guy just like Big Sam was not Ashley's man. These guys want to hire their own manager and I would be shocked if Rafa stays on if he doesn't make significant progress in both the FA Cup and CL.

5. IcyHotStunta

IcyHotStunta 100+ Posts

6. Larry T. Spider

Larry T. Spider 1,000+ Posts

7. TexonLongIsland

TexonLongIsland 2,500+ Posts

Hicks was just on CNBC. He said the refi will be completed this week with 2 banks.

8. Longhorn Tim

Longhorn Tim 250+ Posts

DIC were almost the owners last year until G&H out bid them. They could have had it last year for much less than is being reported here.

9. DeadHeadHorn

DeadHeadHorn 500+ Posts

Tough times to be a Liverpool fan.

We can't beat anyone, Agger just reinjured his foot, and now Hicks talks to the media about how he had lined up Klinsmann as the next manager.

I doubt they sell the club but the way things are going, it's probably in everyone's best interests to do so. This is just getting out of control.

10. LondonOllie

LondonOllie 250+ Posts

11. DeadHeadHorn

DeadHeadHorn 500+ Posts

Good article. Hicks and Gillett said all the right things when they bought the club.

The past few months they've said and done all the wrong things.

12. George-Best

George-Best 100+ Posts

Regardless of whether Hicks sells or doesn't sell the club, he will sack Rafa.

NOTHING would bring him greater joy than sending that insolent Spanish waiter out on the street.

Both manager and owner underestimated the other's resolve, but Hicks lives for this kind of ****.

13. gsoda3

gsoda3 250+ Posts

why is joe torre hanging out w/ sameer al ansari?

14. TexonLongIsland

TexonLongIsland 2,500+ Posts

f**k the independent. just trying to stir up ****

15. Sii

Sii 1,000+ Posts