Astounding Texas AM stat

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Laphroaig10, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

Was looking at Ark's game by game stats in advance of this week's Ark-Aub game b/c I've only seen the Pigs once this year, and I was looking at the A&M game. Did y'all realize Aggy ran 93 plays in that game? 93 plays and they only got 19 points against the worst defense in the SEC?

Sorry if this was already discussed in one of the "aggy sucks" type threads; I was just blown away when I saw that.

2. goosehorn

goosehorn 500+ Posts

Actually OU sucks.

3. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

It's not that surprising Lap...arkie was always scoring, and usually pretty quickly. agricultural ran a lot of plays, but didn't go anywhere much. I guess the storm trooper look doesn't work for 'em. [​IMG]

4. fd51h

fd51h 25+ Posts

Aggys blow, Blow U sucks ! A little confusing I know!

5. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

The box score is telling. they went for it on 4th down 3 times and failed. The yards/rush and yds/pass were pretty small. I'm guessing there weren't many big plays. box score

6. fd51h

fd51h 25+ Posts

As for the TAMies "...They are all farmers. Farmers talk of nothing but fertilizer and women. I've never shared their enthusiasm for fertilizer. As for women, I became indifferent when I was eighty-three"

7. LakeErieHorn

LakeErieHorn 500+ Posts

Hold on there cowboy. UT has a long history of "farmers" attending the 40 acres. I am one. Also, it is "aggy."

8. Booyakasha!

Booyakasha! Guest

My uncle calls them the Agro-Americans

9. longtex

longtex Guest

10. fd51h

fd51h 25+ Posts

Nothing against farmers.... I are one!
    OK , so I was wrong to refer to aggy as TAMies. I was being creative.
    I will not use the fertilizer quote again out of respect for all the real farmers out there!

11. bck031

bck031 1,000+ Posts

When I read the subject, I though this would be about sheep. [​IMG]

12. HornBud

HornBud 2,500+ Posts

You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. ...

13. ihearttajeallen

ihearttajeallen 250+ Posts

I was watching a little of the aggy beatdown last saturday with a friend who does not really know anything about football. All she kept noting during the aggy game was, "you know, it says 'a.t.m' on their helmets"

pretty much summed up their game, program and school. hurray for ignorance.

14. omahawk

omahawk 100+ Posts

we should call them floorsies... because thats where they all find their asses after a game.

15. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

hornbud,

love that line; I think Texanne had it as a signature line for a long time.

16. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

Congratulations! you've just won a trip to aggie

17. mrTM

mrTM 100+ Posts

18. kgp

kgp 1,000+ Posts

19. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

No, it's better when aggy makes knee jerk, ignorant responses. It feeds the stereotype.

20. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

21. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Those helmets aggy wore in the Arkansas contest were truly astoundingly ugly, as were the majority of their 93 snaps of attempted football execution.

22. RobbyHorn

RobbyHorn 500+ Posts

ugly is as ugly does. i thought that the helmets looked yellow compared to their unis. it's not that hard to match whites aggy. [​IMG]

23. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

24. Y Sanchez

Y Sanchez 250+ Posts

You folks need to have a bit more compassion when it comes to the uniiforms aggy wears.

Can you imagine how hard it is to come up with something that does NOT look like **** when you have to start with maroon and white. When your go to color to spice things up is gray you know you are in trouble.

25. dheiman

dheiman 1,000+ Posts

Maybe the all white unies were in preparation to hide amongst the crowd while they snuck out of the Jerry Dome, jocks in hand.

26. HornBud

HornBud 2,500+ Posts

27. mackfan1

mackfan1 1,000+ Posts

A&M is the only team in America where both the cheerleaders and football players dress like milkmen.

28. MirrOlure

MirrOlure 500+ Posts

29. RobbyHorn

RobbyHorn 500+ Posts

so rather than uniforms, one could say aggy wears milkman drag?

30. goosehorn

goosehorn 500+ Posts

Milkman drag...

Classic [​IMG]