Austin plumber with video camera for pipes?

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by Craigcito, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Craigcito

Craigcito 250+ Posts

Anybody had this done? I've got a drain problem that isn't being solved by several attempts with the snake gizmo. I'm fearing a broken pipe under the slab and would like confirmation with video before ripping up hardwood floors and boring holes in my foundation. Need a referral for this, thanks.

2. halsteadfrost

halsteadfrost 1,000+ Posts

We used Ben Franklin plumbing when we had broken pipes at an older house. They are pricey, but they've been the best plumbers we've found in Austin. We also used them to replace our broken pipe. We had one pipe which went out to the sewer that was broken in multiple places including under the driveway and they had a way to fix it without digging up the entire pipe.

3. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

Call 'Austin 311' and tell them you are having drainage problems. They should set up a time to come out and run a camera through your main drain line...at no charge to you. They may find it is their problem...if it is they fix it. If not, you at least didn't spend money unnecessarily.

[​IMG]

4. grinder

grinder 500+ Posts

COA will typically only run their camera from the cleanout (located at or near the prop. line) towards the main in the street. Anything inside the property line would be inappropriate use of Austinites' tax money.

5. brntorng

brntorng 2,500+ Posts

Call Union Jack Plumbing. Most likely just a clog. If it's an older home, maybe a tree root. Broken pipe is least likely.

6. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I don't know, but I will politely decline the next invite to Craigcito's home movie watching party.