B12Tourn Saturday at 6

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by WCBBNUT, Mar 1, 2017.

1. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Wow! WVU up on OU 36-13 with 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.

2. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

make that 66-33 near the end of the 3rd...

BlowU is really putting the SUCK in :ousucks:

• Like Like x 1
  3. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

We haven't played WV since January when we beat them twice. The first game by 10 and the second game by 15. There is nothing in their record to suggest they have gotten any better EXCEPT they just crushed a team they split with in conference play. I can only hope that OU was having a really off night.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  4. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I was nervous about OU, now I have to get nervous about WVU. We played a good game against OSU, but the score was closer than it seems like it should have been. Brianna is playing out of her mind defensively and some nice offense, too. Lashann was great. Good minutes from Sug. Joyner was fine, but not one of her getter games.

5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

WVU beat OU in Morgantown this season.

I think it was ISU who went to Morgantown recently and pounded WVU

For the last couple of seasons, we just seem to match up better with WVU than OU. Perhaps it's the defense played against us. Hope our good play against WVU continues tomorrow.

6. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Having watched part of the game, it is clear that OUStillSucks was having a really off night. They did not even get their first point until just under six minutes left in the first quarter, and THAT was a free throw. They missed several shots and just seemed 'off' for much of the game.

By the time they were in that deep of a hole, their shooting woes just exacerbated the problems. Add in that WVU seemed to be shooting lights out...

7. geewago

geewago 100+ Posts

If the SAME WV team shows up today TX may be in trouble. If TX plays up to their potential they should win. Tx has much more talent.

8. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

You are correct. They won at home against OU and lost to ISU twice.

9. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Game against WVU at 4:00 is on Fox Sports 1 (U-verse 652/1652). I hope there aren't the same issues some of you had last night.

10. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

mb227 beat me to it. OU just looked like they forgot how to play. really poor game by OU. saw the occasional pic of Coach Coale pulling her hair and looking incredulously at the scoreboard. totally enjoyable game but it should put our players on notice that they can't take WVU lightly.

shouldn't be any problems, at least here in Austin. yesterday's game was on a channel that is not available to everyone here due to the TWC buyout by Spectrum. But this game is on FS1, which is available through the old TWC sports package.

• Like Like x 1
  11. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

Lady Longhorns need to win...Everyone else lost this weekend...MBB, baseball, softball all being owned....We need some success.

12. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Doubt if the team is worried about the rest of the Texas teams losing this weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  13. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

We need Holmes to wake up today

• Like Like x 1
  14. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

well, dang, another poor shooting game. had the advantage in FTs but couldn't stop their 3pt shooting, basically Martin (4-10) and Pardee (3-3).

Got a good look at that 3 to tie but just missed.

On to the NCAAs. :hookem2:

• Like Like x 5
  15. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Almost time to root for WVU to take down the Lady Bears. Wonder if Martin will continue her hot streak? If she does, WVU is going to be hard to stop.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

that was a sweet game to watch, thought WVU might blow it at the end, though. Good to see them win the automatic bid.

• Like Like x 2