Bandwagon challenge

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by #2is#1, Sep 4, 2018.

1. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

Here we go something different. Many here are very upset calling for jobs etc. possibly thinking we are at a crossroads although pretty early IMHO.
    The Hornfans site has asked for some help and possibly coming to a crossroad none of us want to think about.
    So let’s do this; put up or shut up, on or off the TH train. If you are still on simply reply with “on” going on record as still believe we are moving in the right direction, still believe in the staff and are optimistic about the future.
    If you reply with “off” you are going on record calling it early off the TH wagon and you will have the date you called it.
    BUT it will cost you to come back on if they turn it around. If we beat USC, or the land thieves, or rattle off some wins you can come back. Just give a donation, and reply back on, and you’ll be welcomed back board. The one stipulation is the longer you hold out, the more it will cost you.
    It’s the honor system, obviously can’t/won’t make amounts, just want to have some fun, make some coin for the site and see who’s accountable.
    As for me, what I saw live Saturday given the emotion and all things considered I’m still
    ON

2. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

How do I reply if I'm sitting on the wagon with both feet dragging the ground?

• Like Like x 8
  3. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I'll think about it.....(edit) ON

A question: Do I have to be properly hydrated to participate?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  4. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Yes. Your pee has to be clear before jumping on or off the wagon otherwise you could get injured. Imagine if you cramped jumping off the wagon....

• Like Like x 4
  5. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

I'm a UT grad and try to always support the team. My confidence in Herman is shaken, but I'm still supporting him at this point. I hope he can turn it around. At this point, hope is about all I have.

• Like Like x 4
  6. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Donating to this site win or lose while being very selective with the $ you give Texas gives you a voice in all things :hookem:

• Like Like x 4
  7. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

On

• Like Like x 1
  8. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I think this is a fun sounding idea, but I would suggest waiting until the end of the season to make the on or off call. Too many ups and downs during TH's tenure to have the on / off on a game be game basis.

Now this doesn't mean we can't *****, or moan, or go into the heights or depths of hyperbole based on the weekly performance of the horns. Just saying maybe the ON/OFF paying to get back on could wait till the end of the season when we've got two season's worth of evidence.

Now, right now, is the time to make a donation to horn fans. Either a one time, or join monthly, become a sponsor.

• Like Like x 2
  9. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

On.
    I'm more concerned about the culture and climate of the fan base and support of the program at this point than I am what TH is or isn't doing and the fact that we lost to Maryland again. Something is a little off here surrounding the program/environment at large IMHO.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

On
    wagons are fun

Oh, and if you like this site (you're here) then drop some funds in the kitty if you haven't
    People are inspired to continue working on things when they get something back

• Like Like x 2
  11. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Like Vol Horn 4 Life said, I'm still on but my feet are dragging on the ground.

I will always support the program but my faith that TH is the chosen one is rapidly eroding. Hopefully, the next four games will help shore up the erosion.

12. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

543D5804-2523-45FD-9F6B-293860A12D20.jpeg Wagon? Yeah, I’m on the wagon. And heading out!

• Like Like x 4
  13. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

ON...

The team, which includes the coaches, will always have my support.

OFF...

On TH putting the team in a position to win every week.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

ON ...

TH gets 3 years, period.

But I tossed a few bucks to Dion anyway.

C'mon ... "Just Do It" (uh oh, West Mall?) ;)

HOOK 'EM

• Like Like x 3
  15. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

I'd be on with Herman if he had replaced Beck (or better never brought Beck on his staff and had just have stayed with pervious OC). We flew the AD out to Tulsa to convince an OC to come here and then fire him 12 months later. Total BS. Beck is the biggest problem right now. I think Orlando can turn this around, but Beck. No. And this will cost us in recruits. If you are a top tier WR would you come here? What about a top tier RB? Nope. This lack of O has serious ripple effects. TH was brought here to win big games. So far he has lost every one of them. I'm off and gladly pay a few bucks to eat that crow. TH's insistence in sticking with both Beck and Ehlinger is going to cost him his job and the program. But if he makes a change pre USC and puts in Shane and starts calling his own plays, then I reserve the right to move this to ON.

• Like Like x 1
  16. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

On

I will always support the team, even in 88’ when they won 4.
    I agree with many of you that TB has to go. I am concerned about SE but I still think he can produce as a dual threat. Take away his legs.....we’ll be 1988 all over again. I hope we see vast improvement on both sides of the ball Saturday. I’ve been around long enough that I know there are cycles to this. So far TH has not shown he has much Mack Brown or DKR in him. He inherited a mess though, unlike Mack. He needs time.

• Like Like x 2
  17. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

ON
    2nd year, but my nature is hopeful. Sue me.

• Like Like x 2
  18. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

Htown? You created a thread to fire our coach, and on several others almost seemingly as troll purely negative. So come here now and go on record. On or off? No more shouting in the shadows. One word.
    On or Off?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  19. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

Ok. Since nobody has the guts to do it; I will.

I'm off.

This problem is institutional and much bigger than TH. Either way; I'm off. AND, I already support Hornfans, so technically I (we) can't lose on the Internet, just on the field. What is the punishment for being 'on' after losing to USC and OU? Vegas needs to move the line since I'm the only one off at this point. :lmao:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  20. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

On. I lost money on Texas last weekend and I am still on.

• Like Like x 1
  21. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

^^^^^this^^^^^

22. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

What a strange thread.

I support the university and always want good things for the program, including beating the **** out of every opponent we ever face. But to imply that those "ON" are somehow going to reap an untold spiritual benefit that those "OFF" won't acquire (unless they switch back to "ON" and pay tribute once the team wins a game or two) is line-in-the-sand style buffoonery. It's aggy. And I don't even use the term "aggy."

My fandom isn't the kind where everything comes up roses. I've criticized decisions and coaches/players on this board. If that makes me less of a fan than the optimists, whatever. I'm allowed to regret past optimism (like the fact that I thought we would win the season opener).

As for TH, he was a part of the culture of Mack's program from 1998-2000. He, more than anyone, should be able to understand what culture change can do to a program. There were highs and lows that he would have experienced, from the Heisman parade to the Cotton Bowl suspensions and Simms vs. Major controversy. Whether or not he learned anything from those experiences, I think he walked into the job missing a key component from his UH staff and assumed he could "handle" the lows as well as he did at UH and throughout his other OC jobs. He hasn't proven that he can yet. In fact, he basically calls people out for nonbelief in his methods, which is a little Mackovickian to me. So anyone who says "OFF" to the OP isn't wrong and doesn't owe **** if we beat a true-freshman-led USC.

I think a lot of people would have said "ON" after we beat ND and OU under Charlie.

• Like Like x 1
  23. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I'm still on. Having had time to think and digest, I did see a lot of improvement. Sam is what he is, and I can only hope that he grows out of the macho fourth quarter head games. Meanwhile, we need to start winning games where fourth-quarter dramatics aren't needed, and moving the ball to where constantly throwing into third-and-long situations aren't going to force him to be what he's not.

I saw progress, and if the defense is a reflection of last year, I think what we saw over the last 40 minutes or so of the game is probably more like what we'll see, and that's good enough to win games. The offense is better than last year - albeit that's not saying much. I'm going to reserve judgment until year's end to decide whether I think we've improved enough and quickly enough for my taste. For now, I'm disgruntled but gritting my teeth and hoping for better things.

• Like Like x 1
  24. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

It's not an either or question. Not all "sunshine and lollipops" or "doom and gloom". Didn't become a longhon fan until my freshman year and 45 years later l don't need my loyalty questioned. I'll let you know when I let you know.

• Like Like x 1
  25. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Can we do one of these for Tim beck instead

• Like Like x 1
  26. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I would have, and was ON with Charlie until Kansas happened.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I have been a Longhorn fan since the late 1970's. That will never change. Weather I'm on or off the TH bandwagon, makes no difference, I will comment on what I see on the field. So far I see a lot of the same stuff that got Charlie Strong fired.

The decision on TH job security has no bearing on HF.com nad HF.com has no bearing on the career of TH.

I will continue to watch the games and judge them as I see fit.

28. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I support the players on the team. :hookem:

I question the coach's capabilities and also those of his staff. :smh: :confused2:

29. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

On.

But at this point, I still don't think he could lead a 4 car funeral. The Cullen Blvd. curse.

:bevo:

30. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

Sorry for silliness of the thread, but let’s revive it. Try to get something positive out of this.
    On or off on the record