Baylor @ Texas 03/01/21 on ESPN2

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by brnkj, Mar 1, 2021.

1. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

:idk:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

I guess nothing could be worse than the last game. When was the last time a Texas team scored only 35 points?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  3. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I am going to be there in person because evidently I enjoy self torture.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Which is why the game against Oklahoma was so important because the last time may be today. Nothings changed, Texas struggles offensively to begin with and baylors one of the best defensive teams in the country. I see a 70-45 win for baylor.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Lol let's all hope this is one of those games where Texas plays awful on the road but plays well when they play the team a second time at home.

Just to be positive Texas played great defensively against Baylor but Collier shooting 2 shots and none the 2nd half can never happen again. She has to assert herself early and this team has got to want to be out there. Based on our last game I'm not to sure we are ready considering it was two days ago but who knows, hopefully they prove me wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I’m maintaining my expectations as this will be a tough game but I do agree that we played excellent defense against Baylor in Waco. If we can repeat that, but improve our offensive effort... oh hell no. I’m not allowing myself to go there... yes I am... no I’m not... yes I am....

:yikes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Debating whether to go to the game or watch it from home where I can easily change programming.
    I want to be optimistic but Saturday was so incredibly deflating - a terrible game heading into a matchup with one of the best teams in the country.
    Who knows - maybe Charli has the game of her life and three pointers fall from heaven.
    As others said - they can’t perform any worse on offense than they did in Waco.

8. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I will be rooting and cussing as usual... but I'm with them win, lose, or draw. :hookem2:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Jacob Johnson

Lol same it's like you see the potential this team has but for some reason it's just not clicking and every game you just hope it's the game where everything falls into place. I say I'm not going to get upset but I seem to always get mad when we don't play well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

Let's go LONGHORNS!

• Like Like x 1
  11. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Miss an easy layup and follow it up with an air ball 3.

12. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

Missed layup...missed 8 footer...missed 10 footer...miss...miss...miss...JFC!!

13. Jacob Johnson

This is what we want. Low scoring quarters. Getting great looks but still not finishing at the rim. We also need to feed Ebo in the paint and run that high low with her and Collier or Warren and Ebo.

14. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

We're simply the worst shooting team in basketball. Add that to bonehead turnovers.....ugh.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Travel..omfg.

16. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Can't shoot. Turnover after turnover.

17. Jacob Johnson

Pull up jumpers on a fast break just boils my blood:mad: go up and finish the ball or draw a foul!!! Shooting a pull up at layup range is just frustrating to watch

18. texfiter

texfiter 100+ Posts

Stunningly bad guard shooting. Stunningly bad. Stunningly bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Are we going to score 35 this game

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Bailor 8 point lead. This one's over.

21. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Think we’re trying to have more TOs and fouls than the game with ou.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Jacob Johnson

I'm curious to know what our offensive game plan is. No movement, screens, backdoor cuts, off ball screens, just dribble dribble pick up your dribble and turn it over.

• Like Like x 1
  23. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

How many f*cking point-blank shots can we miss for Christ's sake?!?!

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Jacob Johnson

Warren heating up!!! I never understood why she doesn't shoot more

25. Jacob Johnson

Opportunity to take the lead and get the ball but once again we can't make free throws :brickwall:

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Baylor is playing horrible! If we’re ever gonna beat them soon, it’s gotta be tonight.

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Could have taken the lead. Instead we go 1-4 at the line. Absolutely pathetic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

DAMN! That could have been four points PLUS the ball. SMH

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. texfiter

texfiter 100+ Posts

Not one to call out specific players, but has Allen-Taylor produced much tonight or any night lately?

30. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Free throws win games, right? These girls should be making them with their eyes closed.

• Agree Agree x 4