Bengals and 49ers

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Giovanni Jones, Jan 30, 2022.

1. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

Because I favor the underdogs when I have no particular attachment to any of the teams.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I’m leaning toward the 49ers vs the Rams, but the key for the Rams is the keep pressure on The QB as he tended to throw it up for grabs when underc pressure

I’m going with KC against the Bengals. The Bengals might keep it close, but KC will take it in the 4th quarter.

That’s all I got.

3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

KC because (1) Lamar Hunt was a true Texas gentleman and always showed preference to Texas HS kids in the draft; (2) Mahomes was born & reared in Smith County.

LA has a Dallas kid at QB, but SF has a UT grad as HC. Never liked the 49ers before the NFL stole them from Eddie. Those that never met her, Georgia was "a piece of work" both before & after his death. I'll lean toward the 49ers, but expect Stafford to pull it out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

If Cincy doesn't get in gear they're about to be demolished.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Man, PM is something very special.

6. Giovanni Jones

Cincy ties it with the 2-pt conversion. Not bad.

7. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Cincy turned it over, but KC couldn’t capitalize. Dose Mahomes ever throw it away? Still 21 all.

8. Giovanni Jones

Bengals take the lead. It’s about time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Well that Burrows guy is pretty good too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Overtime
    wow
    And KC won toss again

• Like Like x 1
  11. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

12. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Bengals to the Super Bowl.

13. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Cincy wins it!!! 27-24 in OT

• Like Like x 1
  14. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Another great game--that makes five excellent NFL playoff games in a row. Here's hoping for a sixth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Giovanni Jones

OK, 49ers, don’t let me down.

16. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Jake from State Farm is going to be so pissed.

Neither Aaron, i’m Special, Rogers and Patrick will not be in the super bowl!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Was a good game but for Mahomes melt down. Really surprised me. I’m thinking Cinci had Mahomes not folded, or whatever, may still have won and would have been a great game.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Staford threw a pic in the EZ. SF ball at own 23 yard line.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
  19. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

CSB: I attended the previous San Fran/Cincy Super Bowl. It was a great game. It would be cool to see the third installment in LA.

20. Giovanni Jones

49ers ahead by 10, 17-7

21. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 1,000+ Posts

At least Rogers and Mahomes will have time to make more commercials.

• Funny Funny x 2
  22. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

What a letdown from the other games. This one was decided with a whole minute to spare. ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  23. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Wow, we got the Lambs vs. Tiggers - not the 2 teams I expected to be in the SB... oh well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

It's awfully tempting to root for the Bengals in the Super Bowl - what a turnaround they made in the past two years!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

HHD,

Should be a great site in Inglewood. All the stars, wannabes, hopetobes, and neverwas' in their finest attire while 20% of the stadium is in the latest polyester that WalMart has to offer in Ohio. Maybe the pregame show could have a feature on how to fit that size 54 butt into size 40 polyester stretch shorts.

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Bwaaahahahah!!! I'm still laughing about this, Sabre! Great visual!

27. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I thought KC was going to runaway with the game when it was 21-3, but Cincy got hot and won it. They got to Mahomes when it counted. SF had a chance to win in the 4th with a Pic but the DB dropped it and the rest is history. Both games had sort of wild 4th quarters. I hope the SB is that good and not over in the 3rd qtr or out of reach by half time.

28. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

On another note...I see the city of LA has been spending some time relocating their mass homeless groups and clearing out and cleaning up a lot of problem areas, filth, and trash, etc. along primary routes between main airport, hotel areas,et al and stadium.
    Curiously, city officials emphatically insist the move has absolutely nothing to do with the upcoming Super Bowl

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  29. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Looked to me like 49ers gave it away.
    Key moment swung open door and shifted momentum....actually prior to the dropped INT thats getting the attention.
    SF up 17-7, just kicked off with all the momentum and LA looking defeated and dejected. First down play on sidelines short catch for little to no gain receiver crushed quickly before 3rd guy comes in a tad late on tackle and rolls over guy before stepping slowly up and over him with not much extra. Announcers and myself didnt see much to warrant but ref flagged dude for 15yds.
    LA gets out to the 42 or so with 1st down and looking revived with life. Proceed to drive down for TD. SF punts after failure to launch and then you have the sequence of the dropped pick followed immediate by the OBJ catch and 15yd personal foul tacked on. Field goal to tie and writing was all written on wall at that point. That sequence beginning with the first personal foul completely handed the game back to the big horn sheep and as soon as that first call occured the door which had been slammed and half locked was now open. You could see/feel the momentum shift on that initial play.

30. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Rain,

The stadium is right across the freeway from LAX, but a drive from the Peoples Republic of Santa Monica. Straight up the 405 from John Wayne past Mickey Mouse, Long Beach, and Torrance. Long Beach airport is probably the most viable for private jets and some commercial. First time I ever heard of JetBlue was getting an emergency nonstop flight from Long Beach to Philly.