Benghazi

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Hookem123, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Hookem123

Hookem123 1,000+ Posts

This makes no sense, for the president to blame a video and not admit it was the work of terrorists. They knew in real time, they were getting cell phone calls and texts during the seven hour attack. Obama had a drone overhead. Why didn't he use it? Why during the seven hour attack didn't Obama sent a low level F16 overhead, buy a little more time.

Probably for the same reason he called off the attack on Osama three or four times before they were going to do it without him that he relented. The helicopters were already in Pakistan before Obama was told, he was still on the golf course. He doesn't want to hurt his Muslim friends.

Even stranger still, Romney comes out for debate number three and hardly mentions Benghazi. Why. Even when asked.

With only days left before the vote, with Obama losing. He is backed into a corner, I fear he will do one of two things. Follow the advice of those who actually got Osama, or follow in the footsteps of Slick Willie and shoot another cruise missile up another camel's ***.

Either way, look for Obama in the next few days to go all Wyatt Earp on the Benghazi terrorists.The Link

2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Now that the emails have been released people/ voters know BO lied , again.

And UNTHINKABLE Stevens may have still alive as the emails were sent.
    so BO goes off to bed so he can go campaign the next day.

"The emails, obtained by Reuters from government sources not connected with U.S. spy agencies or the State Department and who requested anonymity, specifically mention that the Libyan group called Ansar al-Sharia had asserted responsibility for the attacks…

A third email, also marked SBU and sent at 6:07 p.m. Washington time, carried the subject line: “Update 2: Ansar al-Sharia Claims Responsibility for Benghazi Attack.”

The message reported: “Embassy Tripoli reports the group claimed responsibility on Facebook and Twitter and has called for an attack on Embassy Tripoli.”

While some information identifying recipients of this message was redacted from copies of the messages obtained by Reuters, a government source said that one of the addresses to which the message was sent was the White House Situation Room, the president’s secure command post. "The Link

I bet reuters hated releasing proof BO is a sleazy vile POS. Think how the families feel knowing their suppsed Presdient cared more about an election than about the ir loved ones.

apprently getting a good nights rest before campaigning was important than being the leader of our country.

3. DFWAg

DFWAg 1,000+ Posts

So the calculating side of me says that the Romney campaign knew that the Libya thing had take on a life of its own and was happy to let Obama get consumed by the controversy without wading in personally.

4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Ag

I think you are right. BO is sinking under the weight of his own lies and vileness.

Think releasing the movie where BO spikes the ball for OBLs death will help him out of people knowing he turned his back on Americans getting killed?

5. DFWAg

DFWAg 1,000+ Posts

Me feeling is that the snarky, sarcastic, wise-*** tone of Obama and Joe Biden is starting to take a toll that his campaign might not realize. Putting out a propoganda piece about killing OBL might add fuel to the "undignified" fire.

Romney just moved ahead in the favorability polling per RCP. He has momentum is most states. Obama is looking like the challenger and Romney the incumbent despite the electoral math still slightly favoring the sitting president.

RCP Favorable Unfavorable

This is just a wild and strange finish to the election. Ohio is now tied in one poll. Amazing.

6. Horn2Run

Horn2Run 1,000+ Posts

Obama is now sitting in a no-win position. If he wins the election, these emails will precipitate an investigation. The investigation will no doubt turn into impeachment proceedings.

His 2nd term, if he is allowed one, will turn into a survival course. This is a cover up. No way around it, and the admin will have a difficult time moving anything forward.....He's handed power to the Republicans and Conservatives much in the manner we saw Nixon to the Democrats and Liberals in 1973-1976.

There's a moral to the story in here, and Pubs and Rats both need to take heed.... Tell truth the first time... People will forgive a mistake as long as you take steps to correct it. But lie and cover up, you have your power stripped away so fast it makes your head spin.

For those of us who compared Obama to Nixon 3 years ago b/c of his arrogance, his constant need to create an appearance of perfection or at least "one-upmanship", petty combative nature, and his perpetual war on people and things he has a beef with, this is the day we see the clock at 00:00, and see a friendly scoreboard.

7. Horn2Run

Horn2Run 1,000+ Posts

point #2....who released the emails?

The aside is going to be of interest.

8. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

I honestly don't understand what they thought the downside was of calling it what it was from the outset.

9. Coelacanth

Coelacanth Guest

I kind of wondered why Romney was so hesitant to challenge Obama in the debate Monday night. He had this look on his face that I thought at the time was a carefully crafted "I'm just a nice guy" look. But now I think it was a look that indicated he knew the other shoe was about to drop, and that he wouldn't have to be the one to drop it, and that as long as he didn't make an *** of himself, he was going to win.

But it still comes down to Ohio.

10. Bronco

Bronco 500+ Posts

11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Is this story being heavily covered in the states? I checked the websites for the big networks. Most mention it, but only Fox News seems to be making this a big story.

12. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

13. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

14. dheiman

dheiman 1,000+ Posts

15. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

Also, Obama can't say that america has not been attacked by terrorists since he was elected.

16. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

The father of the security agent who was killed said that when the bodies came back on the Friday after the murders, Hillary pulled him aside and said they were going to arrest the filmmaker. He also said BO shook his hand and said how sorry he was but would not make eye contact with him.

17. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

For all this to go down and know that Obama knew and knew early just makes you shake your head when he's on the campaign trail saying don't trust Romney. He stated having trust is very important. r e a l l y?

18. Hookem123

Hookem123 1,000+ Posts

Breaking news just this morning. The CIA on the ground during the attack asked for help three times. They were denied three times and told to stand down.

19. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

20. Horndale

Horndale 100+ Posts

I believe the libs are all out for Kool-Aide right now.

What amazes me is the lack of coverage on this.

21. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

22. Leftwith

Leftwith 500+ Posts

Yahoo is just another arm of the DNC, same as ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN. They're all in it together. [​IMG]

23. Coelacanth

Coelacanth Guest

For me, personally, this is a very big deal and deserves to be a story of far greater magnitude than it has so far been. But by and large the populous seems remarkably--even unbelievably--uninterested. We can blame the mainstream media if we want, and certainly they deserve blame. But that lets the people off too easy. The people don't care. It's too complicated for them to keep up with, and nothing complicated can produce outrage.

Here's the bottom line: the American people don't care that an American president and his team (1) put ideology in front of security for our foreign agents and thereby invited aggressors, (2) refused to send backup once those agents came under attack by those aggressors, and (3) lied for two straight weeks about the nature of the incident in an apparent attempt to divert attention from the consequences of their policies and decisions. All three of those items ought to be scandals in their own right. That they all occurred in sequence ought to provoke outrage.

But the American people DO NOT CARE, and I'm about to the point where I feel like they deserve Obama for another 4 years.

John Roberts had a point. I disagree with the basis of his decision on Obamacare, but the man had a point. The American people are going to have to live with the consequences of their political choices, and if they re-elect Obama, then they deserve exactly what they get.

24. Hookem123

Hookem123 1,000+ Posts

The father of one of the dead seals was lied to, and it came from Hillary. She comforted him by telling him we're going to arrest the film maker. Which they did, so maybe she didn't lie but rather deflected the truth.

The dead seal was a mile away when he heard the first shots, he asked permission to go help, he was told to stand down, three times before he went anyway. He then helped save the lives of 30 other people before he himself was killed, SEVEN hours latter.

In the mean time back at the ranch Barack Hussein Obama slept away the hours away, dreaming of hooking up the lovely girls of the View and proclaiming himself to be "eye candy." Tough job that Obama has. Win or lose the election, he should go to jail. This gets worse everyday, and it's already a national shame.

A four star general stated he could have had attack planes in Benghazi in two hours. When asked why he didn't do so, he stated he wasn't given the orders.

When asked today about Benghazi, Obama said only, "this election isn't about Benghazi." Not for me it isn't, I've already voted against him, but I want to know Mister President, what did you know, and when did you known it?

25. Shark4

Shark4 2,500+ Posts

26. Shark4

Shark4 2,500+ Posts

Rep. Jason Chaffetz asked 4-star General Carter Ham, Commander of Africom, why he didn't respond to Benghazi. Gen. Ham said, "No one asked me to respond."

Obama has said, "I told all my folks that the first thing was to secure our people in Benghazi."

If that's true, the entire military and intelligence chains of command disobayed a direct order of the Commander-in-Chief.

Do you really believe that's what happened? If the C-in-C said "first, secure our people" the protocol would have been to send those written orders to all chains of command. Do you think that's what happened?

HRC has said no one in the State Dept. denied aid to those under attack. Gen. David Petraeus, CIA Director, has said no one at CIA denied any request for help from Benghazi. Are Clinton and Petraeus both lying? If not, who does that leave?

Interestingly, Leon Panetta, Sec Def, said that he and Gen. Martin Dempsey, Chairman of the JCoS and the aforementioned Gen. Ham all agreed that sending in a reaction force was not the thing to do.

Who is lying? Sec Def Panetta or Gen. Ham?

There's a lot of lying going on. Even more scrambling and ***-covering because so many statements are at odds with the reporting and known timelines. Obama is trying to run out the clock on the election.

I don't think it's going to work. This scandal is starting to break through. Jake Tapper of ABC is now reporting it after Fox's lead. The Associated Press reported tonight that Obama, twice, refused to answer specific questions from a Denver TV anchor about who, specifically, denied military support to those under attack in Benghazi.

Jennifer Griffin of Fox News deserves a Pulitzer for her work so far. Her sources are the CIA people on the ground in Benghazi who were abandonded by their gov't...and they are pissed off. I expect that they will keep feeding Griffin information that will continue to apply pressure to Obama and his criminal administration until the pot boils over...and burns Obama very badly.

At least I hope that's what happens.

27. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

28. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

You are right about Jennifer Griffin. After one report, she was asked how confident she was in her sources, and she answered something like .."absolutely confident."

This whole thing is absolutely horrible. If the Commander in Chief gives orders to abandon and strand an Ambassador and others in an American Embassy, as far as I am concerned, he is guilty of treason.

29. Shark4

Shark4 2,500+ Posts

30. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts