Best Apartment complex in Austin?

Discussion in 'Around Austin' started by Diamondback, May 14, 2004.

1. PhoneSexHorn

PhoneSexHorn < 25 Posts

I lived at Great Hills Village when it was brand new in '96. The place was very solid and apparently well-insulated. I never heard my neighbors to the side and could hardly hear the upstairs divorcee getting banged every other night. I remember in the winter time never having to turn on the heat in the place. I've lived in fancier places since, but overall it was the best apartment I've ever had. If you want to be in the middle of everything in NW Austin, that's the perfect place.

2. RRS2002

RRS2002 Guest

Bristol Hills on Dessau

3. highbury

highbury 25+ Posts

Oh yeah, don't move to High Oaks. I received an eviction notice (non-paying water notice) before my water bill was due.

Eviction notice? I guess they just can't make a warning form letter.

4. JCMhorn

JCMhorn < 25 Posts

Another Vote for Deerfield. I've lived here for 2 monthes and its perfect, $863 for 1200 sq ft 2 br 2 bath. They also offer Grande Communications which cuts some of the other bills. hot tub, pool, indoor basketball, pool table, theatre, computer center, wieght room , trash service, car wash, happy hour, etc ... Hiedi is really nice too.

5. TEXASMADE

TEXASMADE 250+ Posts

Chalk up another on for Deerfield, I just signed another year lease. I have been very happy with my apt. and the apt. staff's service is excellent. I did have to lose grandecable though because thier cable box DVR sucked, it was about 10 years behind the tech game. So I went with Directv and still keep grande for the phone and internet. The only thing that I wish Deerfield would do is something about the parking and really enforce the towing policy if you have no permit. It pisses me off a lot when I pay damn good money for my apt. and I come home from the evening shift and can't find a spot even remotley close to my building if one at all because everyone has thier damn buddies over taking up all the spots. That's my only complaint.

6. drew corleone

drew corleone 25+ Posts

A buddy of mine lives at Great Hills Village. I like that place a lot.

7. SuperHero

SuperHero 500+ Posts

8. Durkee

Durkee 500+ Posts

Y'all have named some great complexes, but are still missing some great properties around town!

9. texasboy34

texasboy34 25+ Posts

Any reviews on Riata or San Paloma?

10. klcurt

klcurt < 25 Posts

I'm having a good experience at the Hills at the Arboretum. Good price ($575) for a large (700+ sq ft) 1 bedroom. Did not have a good experience at the Castile on West Lynn. Manager is a money hungry b*tch and will keep your deposit for dust on the windowsill. [​IMG]

11. emerald524

emerald524 < 25 Posts

I don't really know what amentities you are looking for, or the exact location, but do not stay at the Mansions (any of them). As nice as they appear, you have a lot of adults who think they're still in college. I am living out off of 2222 and 620 and love it. It is about a 20 minute drive to downtown with regular traffic, and during rush hour, I usually take side streets, but it's still about a half-hour drive. If you're interested in the area, there are a lot of nice complexes. Riverlodge (on 2222), Alicante (on 2222), The Verandah (620), Canyons at Vista Creek (620), Sonterra (620), Alvendero (620 - brand new). The pricing is very reasonable for what you are getting. There is also a complex, Montevista, off of 360 and 2222 that is really nice. I wouldn't suggest the Falls at Bull Creek because the apartments look a little run-down. I also wouldn't suggest any of the Gable's because you're paying more for the name than you are for anything else. All of the Alexans are nice, but the one on Oltorf is mostly filled with college students. There is a place off of 360 and Braker too... The Estates on Quarry Lake. They are beautiful, and at a reasonable price too. Let me know what you decide to choose. I'm always interested in finding more apartments to research for myself.

12. Durkee

Durkee 500+ Posts

Emerald, with one exception you have given a pretty good list. You want a job?[​IMG]

13. emerald524

emerald524 < 25 Posts

Which was the exception? [​IMG]

14. Durkee

Durkee 500+ Posts

I'm a locator--I can't say that on a public forum!!

15. emerald524

emerald524 < 25 Posts

care_bear83_98@yahoo.com My email isn't a public fourm. lol

16. Durkee

Durkee 500+ Posts

That still wouldn't be a good idea for me to put that in print.

When are you going to be looking to move?

17. emerald524

emerald524 < 25 Posts

I actually re-newed at Riverlodge for another year, so I won't be moving until August 2005. However, my boyfriend is looking at places to move right now. His lease is up mid-September, but is looking to lease some time in early to mid-August.

18. Durkee

Durkee 500+ Posts

I like your property! I will send you a PM with my number if you want to have your boyfriend get in touch with me.

19. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

We lived at Iron Rock Ranch near Manchaca & Slaughter for 6 months while we were putting a 2nd story on our house. Nice apartments, incredible swimming pool(s), great staff.

20. Durkee

Durkee 500+ Posts

How'd you end up there, Jimmy?[​IMG]

How's the family?

21. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

22. Wrangler

Wrangler 25+ Posts

Here are my two cents. I'm an appraiser and appraise mostly apartment (20-30 per year) so I see a fair number (maybe not as many as Durkee).

Canyon Springs
    404 Rio Grande
    I like the Gables properties that they develop.
    Mansions at Steiner and Mansions on the Green
    Most any Larry Peel project
    The Tuscany
    San Paloma has Vegas like project amenities, but units are small

23. Durkee

Durkee 500+ Posts

Wrangler knows of what he speaks, but like Emerald, I disagree with him on one of his choices.

24. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

Marquis @ caprock canyon is a nice, affordable place. It's very different.

25. horniegrl14

horniegrl14 100+ Posts

I love the Gables apartments. I looked at a few of them when moving and I was very impressed with them. They can be pricey but look at the ones not too close to downtown. They are cheaper.

I'm at the Gables now and I must say, it does stand up to it's good rep. Everyone is friendly and everything was so nice and clean and new when I moved into the apartment. So far I've very impressed with the Gables.

26. WinStreak

WinStreak 25+ Posts

so its safe to assume it beats longhorn station?

no wait, thats every complex!

27. 6th&Congress

6th&Congress 25+ Posts

Is longhorn station the apartment complex next to Club Chaos?

28. Durkee

Durkee 500+ Posts

Riverside---[​IMG]

29. horniegrl14

horniegrl14 100+ Posts

I'm not sure if it beat Longhorn Station. That was a great place with neighbors blasting their Tejano music all day and night and barking dogs....a real classy joint.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Longhorn Station in not right by Kaos....it is a few streets down.

30. WinStreak

WinStreak 25+ Posts

La Invasora!!!!!