Best BBQ

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by BaylorPilot, Jan 27, 2008.

1. BaylorPilot

BaylorPilot 25+ Posts

coming down for the UT game...looking for recommendations on some good BBQ for dinner

2. Mister Falcon

Mister Falcon 250+ Posts

I'd post this on Rusty's Grill, but...

Salt Lick is probably the popular choice. It's a drive, but it's delicious, and a solid bbq "experience"

If you're looking for something quick, I love Pokey Joe's. Yes, it's a chain, but it is really solid, affordable, and a short drive from the drum. [​IMG]

3. El_Taco

El_Taco 100+ Posts

Stubbs!!! Get a couple of cold beers and the pork rib and brisket plate. Its only a couple of miles from the Erwin Center as well!

4. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Sam's on E 12th St.

5. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I second Sam's unless you worry about parking in a less than pristine neighborhood.

6. SL Xpress

SL Xpress 500+ Posts

Please.

Iron Works. It's right down the street from the arena. It's not a long drive away. It's not a chain. It has atmosphere, amazing ribs, and great sauce. 3 minutes away, at the south end of Red River.

Simple choice.

7. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Iron works would be my second choice.

8. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Save yourself the trouble...detour to Mexia on your way down, and make a stop at Wright's barbeque. Two or three of their sliced beef sandwiches on the way down ought to hit the spot.

9. jinx

jinx 25+ Posts

Iron works hands down. If it's good enough for the President of the United States, it's good enough for me.

10. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Iron Works isn't what it used to be, but it's not bad. It too would be my second choice.

I've seen McConaughey in Sam's after a game, so you know it's got to be alright, alright, alright.

11. UT wildcatter

UT wildcatter 100+ Posts

House Park for Pork sandwhiches

Artz's for Ribs

Sam's is incredible and I hear VY would smear mutton grease all over himself before football games. That's what made him so hard to tackle

12. SL Xpress

SL Xpress 500+ Posts

I've heard you like the mutton grease so much, you use it for something entirely different.

13. AustinAg11

AustinAg11 25+ Posts

Coopers in Llano is great!

14. Dogbert

Dogbert 500+ Posts

Sam's is great, but McConaughey would probably eat anything after his post-game, uh, "aperitif."

15. S197HQQKEM

S197HQQKEM 500+ Posts