Best San Antonio hotel for kids

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by VacantlyOccupied, Jul 24, 2007.

1. VacantlyOccupied

VacantlyOccupied 500+ Posts

Thinking of a few days in San Antonio before the end of the summer. Need a nice/fun pool area with room for the 2yo to run around, and a nice lobby/lounge/bar for mom & dad to find some peace and quiet.

Proximity to Six Flags / Shamu / Zoo wouldn't hurt.

Thoughts?

2. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

Westin La Cantera. They have/had a kids program and day care during the day. The pool is first rate with both an adult and kid area. The bar/lounge is nice as well.

3. blkshoes

blkshoes 100+ Posts

mac has picked one of the best in town, and one of the few that fits the bill of close to seworld. there isnt a closer hotel to fiesta texas. the radisson is very close to seaworld, as is hyatt hill country resort. all three roughly in the same price range - i would expect to pay close to $200/night. the westin has the best lobby, and a lobby bar, and a great pool with great relaxing views. the radisson has a pretty rockin lobby bar/pool area that gets lots of activity from locals as well as a happy hour or night spot.

4. VacantlyOccupied

VacantlyOccupied 500+ Posts

Thanks for the input. I like the Radisson and I like that you can get a junior suite there for a pretty reasonable rate. On the other hand, I love the Westin La Cantera and I've been sitting on some Starwood points just waiting to cash them in there.

5. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

The Westin is one of the best hotels on San Antonio. I'm not a big fan of the Hyatt Hill Country Resort. Seems overpriced to me.

6. BoogityBoy

BoogityBoy 250+ Posts

Hyatt Hill Country tears La Cantera to pieces. HHC has a perfect amount of rooms so the pool/lazyriver area never seems crowded. I was a La Cantera two weeks ago and it was overcrowded. Do the Hyatt, you won't be disappointed. Sea World right across the highway too.