Best Tex/Mex in Dallas

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by Horns444Ever, Jan 11, 2007.

1. SuzieV.

SuzieV. < 25 Posts

Yeah Arriba is not "good", just convenient.

Manny's has almost the same brisket tacos as Mia's (same family owns it I think) but it is less crowded and they have an awesome patio. Give it a shot sometime if the wait is too long at Mia's.

2. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

Stringer - I was there for lunch. Got there at 1 and there was a decent wait.

Had a table next to a local celebrity - the lovely Alexa Conomos from Channel 8.

Suzie - you're right, there is some relationship between Manny and Mia's. I think Manny is the son of the parents who started Mia's (and Mia's is actually named after Manny's sister Mia). I've never been to Manny's, but I'll try it when the weather warms up. I hear the patio is really nice.

3. bigup2dahorns

bigup2dahorns 250+ Posts

yep, the patio at manny's rocks when the weather is decent. today? not so much

4. BigSHELL

BigSHELL 25+ Posts

Manny's, Mia's and Mi Cocina are all in the same family.

I like Manny's the best out of the three.

5. Dallas Frog

Dallas Frog 25+ Posts

I guess Arriba was just mailing it in because it is now closed.

Also the crowd at Ojeda's on Maple at lunch is completely different from the dinner crowd...a little bit more Cedar Springs at night. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

6. txeconomist

txeconomist 250+ Posts

Manny's
    Ojeda's
    Luna Del Noche (probably my favorite)
    Matt's
    Primo's

7. JohnnyBeamer

JohnnyBeamer 25+ Posts

Agree with most of the above...would add Cantina Laredo (just for the steak fajitas alone), and Uncle Julio's for their fajitas as well.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Mariano's...when I used to live at the Village we went there at least 2x/week...they've got a new location on Skillman, not the same, but still quite good in my opinion, plus Mariano invented the frozen margarita so that's gotta be worth something.

8. Chelios

Chelios < 25 Posts

Hit the Grapevine bar across the street before or after you go to Herrerras. Nice little bar.

9. lnghrngrl

lnghrngrl 25+ Posts

Gonna have to go with Mia's and Primo. Mi Cocina is ok. Hmmm.... been wanting Mexican food all week.

10. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell 25+ Posts

I'm going to Cafe San Miguel tonight for the girlfriend's birthday. It's damn good.

11. C-Man

C-Man 250+ Posts