Big 12 games weekend of 01/28/-29/17

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Jan 27, 2017.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Standings heading into the weekend of 01/28-29-17:

Team Record
    Baylor 9-0
    Texas 9-0
    Oklahoma 7-2
    Kansas State 5-4
    West Virginia 4-5
    Oklahoma State 3-5
    Texas Tech 3-5
    Iowa State 2-7
    TCU 2-7
    Kansas 0-9

Big 12 games this weekend:

Sat, Jan 28
    Texas Tech @ Kansas 11:00 a.m. on FSN (in Austin area, Spectrum 54, 318 HD)

TCU @ Iowa State 5:00 p.m. on Cyclones.tv http://cyclones.com/watch/?Live=32 With a $6.95 one time fee.

Oklahoma State @ Kansas State 3:00 p.m. on FSN (in Austin area, Spectrum 54, 318 HD)

Sun, Jan 29
    West Virginia @ Texas 3:00 p.m. on FS1 (in Austin area, Spectrum 400 HD)

Oklahoma @ Baylor 5:30 p.m. on ESPN2 (in Austin area, Spectrum 301 HD)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Lady Raiders fans aren't too happy with this result although they were worried about an improving KU squad:
    KU 66 Tech 60
    KU picks up their first league win in ten tries while Tech continues with their road woes, now 0-8 for the season and 0-5 in league play.

3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

okay, had to edit the time for the TCU @ ISU game from 12 noon to 5 PM. I was wondering where the score was.

4. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

KU has shown improvement but I was expecting much more than what we've seen out of Tech this season.

5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

For the most part, Tech is a one-tricky pony with Caldwell. IMO, it really hurt their offensive backcourt firepower when Japreece Dean decided to leave the team (and eventually transfer to UCLA). Ended up being a wash for Tech, and not a step up.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

That's an interesting transfer for, Japreece, yes? Isn't that where Recee transferred from?

8. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Last two games of the weekend:
    Texas 69 WVU 54
    This was a close game entering the fourth quarter with Texas leading 48-45.
    Horns held WVU scoreless for the first five minutes while scoring 12 pts, going to a 60-45 lead before WVU hit a FT. Horns maintained at least a 12 pt lead the rest of the way.

BU took OU apart 92-58 in Waco. I watched the second half. Lauren Cox is a very good player. I can why either she or Joyner were ranked one-two in their class. Wouldn't surprise me if she starts next season over Brown and Mompremier.

9. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Records after the end of the weekend games:
    Team Record
    Baylor 10-0
    Texas 10-0
    Oklahoma 7-3
    Kansas State 6-4
    West Virginia 4-6
    Oklahoma State 3-6
    Texas Tech 3-6
    Iowa State 3-7
    TCU 2-8
    Kansas 1-9

10. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

That's what I recall. I guess she thinks she has a good shot to step in as a starter for Jordin Canada who will be a senior next season when Japreece is sitting out her RS year.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Japreece will be eligible come mid-December 2017.

As for Cox, she will step in at PF for Nina Davis next season, and play alongside Kalani Brown or Mompremier. Very big front line.

12. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Unless Japreece decides to sit out a year and a half so that she doesn't end her eligibility in mid season.

Lauren Cox at PF is a more likely scenario than mine. Those games between her and Joyner ought to be something to behold.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I could be wrong, but I don't think a player can sit out (non-medical redshirt) for more than a year. One mandatory redshirt transfer year is the equivalent of one voluntary redshirt year, and that's all you get.