Big 12 Teams-News not Related to Texas

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by LutherIsMyDog, Aug 16, 2018.

1. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Kentucky coach Matthew Mitchell says center Dorie Harrison will be out indefinitely for unspecified personal health reasons.

Mitchell said in a release Monday that the team looks forward to the 6-foot-3 sophomore's return and asked for her privacy to be respected. The coach added that Harrison has the program's full support and, "We will give her the time she needs to get healthy."

The Nashville native averaged 6.7 points and rebounds per game with 25 blocks while starting eight of 32 contests last season. Harrison also earned Southeastern Conference Freshman of the Week honors after combining for 31 points and nine rebounds in January victories over Alabama and Arkansas.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

If only Texas had their very own network to maximize their teams exposure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Not sure there would be any room anyway, what with the reruns of the 2005 Rose Bowl...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

:e-face-tears::e-face-tears::e-face-tears:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

7. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

8. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

First exhibition of the season for Big 12 teams is in the books. Baylor rips Langston, 110-45. Twenty TOs, 20-40 from the FT line and 20% from BTA will probably be points of emphasis in the coming practices. To look at those stats a bit more closely: two players went 1-12 from the FT line to account for the majority of the misses. Baylor only took ten treys and three players had a total of 10 of the 20 TOs.

https://baylorbears.com/news/2018/10/26/womens-basketball-wbb-coasts-to-exhibition-win-over-langston-110-45.aspx

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Interesting. I would think anyone that plays Baylor will play a lot of zone against them. Not only to contend with their size but also because they had to replace their best perimeter shooters in Wallace and Morris this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Kansas and Okie State named among finalists for JUCO soph Center Natasha Mack.

11. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

OU loses out on Kennedy Brown, 6-6 P, as she commits to Oregon State.
    Brown is ranked #19 overall and #4 post by ESPN & #58 overall and #11 post by Prospects Nation. She plans to play the three in college.

Derby's Kennedy Brown chooses to play basketball at Oregon State

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I remember Gray well from when she was being recruited out of HS.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Speaking of OU frosh 6-0 G/F Madi Williams:

14. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Should be an interesting show.

15. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

16. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

17. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Baylor and Duquesne miss out on Makenna Marisa as she chooses Penn State.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

I like both types of post players, but I hope the efforts of these three, on the court, inspire the young players following in their footsteps. I’ve read about the movement toward all-positions players. It’s cool to see players that are so versatile, but I suppose I’m a purist — I like seeing the distinction of player position. Otherwise > for me < the game becomes more homogenized, and loses a level of interest in some way. Glad these young women are receiving some recognition for their strengths and skill sets, and it’d be great to see a player like them on our squad someday again soon.

20. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

This situation is one to watch as the season progresses as I believe Kysre was slated a starter. Hope all is okay with her and her family.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Anneli Maley, 6-2 Soph. G/F from Melbourne, Australia.

22. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

TCU wins 78-37 over Coppin State.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Ouch, that's bad. Bet Coach Mulkey will have them shooting FTs tomorrow.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Nice to see Martin back and playing well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

Do you understand what situation allows the Aussie, transfer from Oregon, immediate eligibility?

26. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

No idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. geewago

geewago 100+ Posts

I watched TCU play Duquense today at noon. It's just an hour an half drive for me from Waco. I've always like their arena. Not a bad seat in the house. TCU was not that impressive to me today. They won by 13 but the Dukes stayed with them till the end. Weirdest thing, I never could figure out if TCU had a designated point guard or not. It just seemed that whoever had the ball assumed the duty's of pg including the post a time or two.

Returned from Ft Worth and watched the Bears play Nichols. Very lopsided. I think the bench scored more than the starters.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  28. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Worse: TCU shot 5-16 (31%) free throws. Yikes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Weirdly, in a blow out 78-37 win, West Virginia only played 8 players despite having 11 without KYSRE GONDREZICK.

30. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Here's hoping that Texas shoots well over 70% from the FT line. All of our frosh shoot FTs well. Only LaShann and Jatarie hit in the 70% range among returning players. They are the top FT shooters returning from last season.