Big 12 Tournament Bracket

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Mar 5, 2015.

1. texfiter

texfiter 100+ Posts

I'm proud of the run ... but I would have liked a better showing in this game. I'll go back to my earlier comment. I'd like to see Kelsey in the tournament and moving forward get stronger to hold her own in the paint against the manlike play of teams like Baylor.

2. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Not much to say about this game - just a bad night. The team has finished strong in the regular season and the tournament, making it to the final. A little time to regroup and on to the NCAA tournament.

3. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

This! Honestly didn't expect us to be in this game. Kuddos to the team, nothing to be ashamed of. Now, go get 'em in the NCAA tournament!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Lang is a sophomore so I'm looking forward to watching her progress the next couple years.

Mulkey now bitching about Aston

5. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

And there's the Mulkey we all love to hate:rolleyes1:

• Like Like x 1
  6. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Life is unfair. Just gotta play tougher and get better.

7. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

8. texfiter

texfiter 100+ Posts

LOL. OMG. What did she say about Aston? I turned the channel immediately before she began to speak. And yes, Lang has plenty of development left.

9. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

Very proud of the team this season. 13-0 start, a string of injuries including season ending one for our top player, and we regroup to close out the season on a 7-2 run and reach the conference tourney final. And a lot of good wins this year against top teams, and no bad losses. Now let's get ready for NCAA play!

10. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

On camera at the end of the game, Kim bitched because Karen was pressing to the very end to "make it look like a closer game". Said it was very disappointing

I guess Mulkey got to decide when the game was over.

11. texfiter

texfiter 100+ Posts

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Girl, please. That's why I switched channels the moment I saw her about to be interviewed.

12. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Mulkey said she hated the way it ended and that she had learned from the best (Summit and Barmore). When your up 20+ and you clear your bench you're trying to tell the opponent ok the game is over. But she (Aston) continued to press and made it look like the game was closer than it was and she (again) hated it ended that way.

Pretty sure she didn't shake Karens hand

13. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

"When you're up 20+ and you clear your bench basically you're trying to tell the opponent ok that the game is over, but she (Aston) continued to press and made it look like a closer game than it was and I hate it ended like that."

14. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Kelsey put in the time in the weight room this past offseason. I am sure she will continue to do so. You can tell the difference between her and Imani who has one more year in the S&C program.

A six seed would be really nice, considering a few weeks ago, it was possible to think that we might miss the NCAAs. We should be a difficult team to match up with, especially when we can play Kelsey and Imani together.

15. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Classless, as usual.

• Like Like x 1
  16. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

And to Mulkey I would say it's March, mind your own damn business. She knows Texas is a thorn in her side now and she's posturing already IMHO.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

They shook hands quickly and Aston gave her a pat on the back as she moved past in a fast walk.

18. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

Imani also needs to get stronger and more physical. She should be getting much better post position. Get the ball on balance one move and go up strong, don't just throw the ball at the rim off balance.

19. txtreefan

txtreefan 100+ Posts

I hate losing to Baylor, and that is 11 in a row, I think. But give the devil her due. If Mulkey had the talent on this Texas team, she would be contending for another national championship. . .

• Like Like x 1
  20. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

You play a full 40 minutes. The opponent doesn't get to decide the final score. Kim made a decision to clear her bench. Karen made the decision to play until the end. I think Kim's comment was typical poor winner / poor loser conduct we've come to expect from her. Too bad she gets more opportunities to be a poor winner.

21. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

This time of year, you coach your team until the clock expires.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

Those dudes (Baylor) are good

• Like Like x 1
  23. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

It looked like Mulkey didn't look her in the eye when I rewound. LOL.

24. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

We can be a thorn in her side with the talent level getting better. But right now baylor continues to dominate the conf hopefully it can change.

25. texfiter

texfiter 100+ Posts

Yes. Agreed. I posted on Facebook that now was the time for us to use the end of this game as experience for NCAA. Close the gap. Make a defensive stop or two.

• Like Like x 1
  26. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

She didn't slow down or look at Karen but she seemed to be complimenting our players as she walked by each of them.

She just couldn't help herself. When the cameras came in, a whole lot of stupid fell out of her mouth.

27. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Agreed! And I honestly think UT would have stopped that current rein without the injuries. Nneka's being devastating.

We miss Nekia more than folks talk about. She was always a spark and good things happened when she came into the game.

28. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

Dont agree with that, do we have a Wright or Prince that are a legit 5'11, 6 feet tall that just continued to shoot and make contested pull up jumpers.

29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Baylor seems to shoot lights out against us; maybe it's the type of defense we play. But, they just have 2-3 jump shooters that make our life hell; we can't really counter that consistently. Wright and Prince and Wallace had a field day against our defense in the second half; guess the zone to stop Nina Davis worked, but giving them 3-pointers instead of 2-point baskets isn't the right strategy, IMO.

Empress really played great first half. Really couldn't penetrate in the second half.

Brooke has all but disappeared; she needs to get it back together.

Hate seeing our guards constantly picking up fouls because they can't go around screens but instead try to go right through them. Ariel and Brooke just seem to earn their bench time by not understanding yet that they will be called for fouls when running into a screener who has established position.

Not sure if Niya Johnson played every minute up until the last few, but we just couldn't disrupt her play. She did a very good job finding the open player regardless of the defense we played.

Our offensive flow in the first half was really good; maybe the best in a long time.

I truly believe we are the second best team in the Big 12 after all was said and done. Those two losses against ISU still bother me; as does the loss at WVU. We didn't deserve to win the games we lost at OU, KSU, and TCU.

As for Mulkey, she couldn't just enjoy her victory. Had to get upset because her team's 20 point lead dwindled down to 11 points in the final minutes because her subs are scrubs. Maybe she should have waited to sub the in until 30 seconds were left in the game if she was so worried about the final winning margin.

• Like Like x 1
  30. txtreefan

txtreefan 100+ Posts

As long as Aston is the coach at Texas, Texas will never be a thorn in Baylor's side, a minor irritation at best. Mulkey does more with less than any almost any other coach in the country. Aston is regrettably the opposite: 3 McDonalds HS All Americans on the roster and a struggle to make 50% in conference? How many McD HS AA's does Baylor have on their current roster? Or any other Big 12 team for that matter? As much as Mulkey annoys me - a scarecrow in a push up bra shamelessly working the officials - I have to respect her abilities and achievements. And to put yourself in a position to be lectured on class by Kim Mulkey??? Whatever beef Mulkey has with Aston is personal, not professional. Mulkey schooled Aston tonight and she wanted Aston and the basketball world to know that. It is what it is.