Big 12 tournament

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Moooooo, Mar 2, 2016.

1. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

We are actually a top 20 team while Baylor is one of the best in the country. We are a long way from competing with Baylor and its not getting any closer next year. Their Freshmen and sophomores are better than anyone we have. Our program got too far behind in the later years of Jodie's reign. Baylor, A&M, and several other programs passed us by. In todays game you can't get the elite players to come "build" a program. They want to play for the "winning" teams ....UConn, Baylor, ND, etc.......We will have to be content playing second fiddle until Kim leaves.

2. TagHorns

TagHorns 250+ Posts

Dang.....I think you could smash Mulkeys face in cookie dough and make monster cookies. Leathery looking monster cookies. Got a team full of great players though. Freshman post is awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  3. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Damn, Higgs can do what she wants. I'm confused.

4. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

And what does LaShann do when she gets back into the game? She scores with 3 defenders around her. I'm sorry to beat a dead horse, what is done is done - but yes, I'm pissed that she didn't get more playing time this year. Now, I'll shut up.

• Like Like x 3
  5. TagHorns

TagHorns 250+ Posts

And posts......

6. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Baylor is good. More athletic than us and not even close.

• Like Like x 2
  7. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

When did Karen sit down and give up this time? I missed it.

8. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Not happy with several things tonight, but honestly Bsylor is just that good.

9. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

I haven't watched UConn this year. For those of you who have, is Baylor good enough to beat them? Everyone has already conceded the Title to UConn but I can't believe Baylor won't give them a competitive game if they go head to head.

Thoughts anyone?

10. TagHorns

TagHorns 250+ Posts

The shots that some of those Baylors girls make.....whew! They may have sold their soles to the devil. They've made shots without even looking.

• Like Like x 2
  11. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Where has Celina been this quarter?

• Like Like x 1
  12. UTFORLIFE

UTFORLIFE 25+ Posts

The only way Baylor beats Uconn is if they let Alexis be free and play. I personally think Alexis will be the best pro out of everyone in college right now.

13. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

Totally disagree with all of this.

14. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Aston just seems to vanish vs. Baylor. It's as if she goes into the game expecting to lose and the players take on that energy. Mulkey never thinks she's gonna lose. She's the most irritating coach in America but she's also 2nd best.

15. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

BU won't get a NC this year

16. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

17. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

UConn will kick their asses.

18. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

Yep, and because of this I still say that Coach Aston should play small next year.

19. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

And I think she will.

20. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

I think Baylor could win the title if the refs don't cheat for U Conn....They are beasts.
    Texas should not be a #2 seed. We are more a #5 or #6..

21. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

well, 0-3 this year once again. Gonna get them sooner or later.

Hope this was LaShann's coming out before the NCAAs. She would give us a great one on one player.

Time to relax and wait see which #1 we end up with.

• Like Like x 3
  22. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

No, no & no

• Like Like x 3
  23. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Baylor is just solid.

As frustrated as I have been with her at times, Higgs earned the right to good minutes and maybe even a start in the big tourney. She had only two less points in the paint tonight than Imani and Lang combined. Good job Freshman.

On to the big dance... May we not see Baylor again this season unless it's a win in the finals

• Like Like x 1
  24. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

baylor is just the better team Coach Aston and her team need to move forward and prepare for the tournament. There are some good things that they can take from the conference tournament. Lashann getting more playing time and performing well will be very important.

• Like Like x 4
  25. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

How many offensive rebounds did we give up? That was huge.

26. Slgore76

Slgore76 100+ Posts

Baylor has the players to hang with UCONN, much like Maryland did. They have the guard play and they put the ball in the basket. Alexis Jones would have to have a monster game for them to win. But Baylor has the personnel and coaching to make it competitive; it would not be a blow out. I actually think that game will be the national championship.

• Like Like x 1
  27. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Car54 You are the only person in the sport that seems to think Texas is not a 2 seed. Remove Baylor from the picture and we lost one game on the road to ranked OU. No shame in that.

• Like Like x 1
  28. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Ok, as I said earlier "Sea Hag". And I still hate Theresa Witherspoon.

• Like Like x 1
  29. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Absolutely GREAT regular season. Conference runner up in both conference and conference tournament play. Top 10 ranking and a #2 seed going into the Big Dance. That's continued progress and they ain't done! :bevo:

• Like Like x 4
  30. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

We will be a #2 seed. I just don't think we are better than the top 10 teams in the country. We probably are a #3 or #4 seed to be honest. We are small except for our clumsy and timid bigs. We can't shoot, and always go into 5 and 6 minute droughts every game. That will not get us too far in the NCAAs. Maybe the women's game only has a few good teams, and we actually are a #2 seed....