Big XII Tournament Bracket

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by LonghornCatholic, Mar 3, 2018.

1. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

2. SAMMCHornfan

SAMMCHornfan 250+ Posts

Must win for the Horns vs ISU??? I think so. I think OSU is in the same boat against OU. OU is probably safe either way.

3. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I think it is possible that eight B12 teams get in. Would not surprise me. Our # 8 seed, osu, swept the season series with KU. that's impressive.

• Like Like x 1
  4. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I think the Horns are in the NCAA regardless of what happens in B12 tourney.

• Like Like x 3
  5. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

If Texas can be focused they should be able to handle ISU and have a 50/50 chance against sand aggy. That would leave no doubt about the NCAA.

6. SAMMCHornfan

SAMMCHornfan 250+ Posts

The AAS seems to be on the same line of thinking that I am. Take care of business and beat ISU. Scary game though. It has been proven many times this year that anyone can beat anyone else in this conference. BEAT ISU!!!

About Texas: The Longhorns solidified their position as a No. 11 seed with the win over West Virginia. But they better avoid what would be a terrible loss to last-place Iowa State on Wednesday night. Texas’ computer numbers are slowly getting better but not safe yet: 40 KenPom, 30 Sagarin and 50 RPI.

7. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

That's about as good a draw as we could get - there's a real chance that we could make it to the third round - assuming that's a good thing and assuming we've figured out how to win back-to-back conference games.

Good thing is that this team seems to be a lot better when it can look at one game and see it as a "must" situation. The bad thing about that is that once they do that, they have a tendency to not do it the next game, so I'm not sure how that will play out in a tournament setting.

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

9. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

10. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Must beat ISU, lose that game and its hello NIT.

11. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

It should be - lose that game and good-bye Bamba and hello offseason.

12. SAMMCHornfan

SAMMCHornfan 250+ Posts

And to think, Lance Blanks had the Horns in the tourney after beating OSU. They might be able to squeeze in after a loss to ISU, but doubtful.

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

14. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

When was the last time the Horns won two in a row, much less 3 in a row? And beating a team 3 times in a season.

• Like Like x 2
  15. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

That's what I was thinking. Not to put this out there but we're due for a dumpster fire performance. Just saying. ISU has some guys that can play - it's a trap game for us. I think we're in the tournament regardless and without Mo, we're a completely different team, but come on Horns lets get 3.

• Like Like x 1
  16. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Why isn't the game on?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Lol, we almost got it.....started the game something like 3 for 19 from 3 point range in the first half. Statistically ISU is better than us, but somehow we actually win some games.