Bill O'Reilly trashes San Francisco

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by alden, Nov 20, 2008.

1. alden

alden 1,000+ Posts

2. DeadHorse

DeadHorse 1,000+ Posts

As much as I like San Francisco and loathe Bill O'Reilly, he has a point here.

NYC liberalism and San Francisco liberalism are two different things. We were just out in S.F. and that reporter trolled through some of the obviouly suspect neighborhoods and got the video he wanted but even in the nice neighborhoods, there are issues about this.

I wouldn't let Mrs. Deadhorse go out shopping by herself in Union Square at night. I would have no problem with that in places like Times Square or 5th Avenue in NYC.

3. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

4. groverat

groverat 2,500+ Posts

San Francisco-bashing is chum for mindless consumers of right-wing media and nothing more. Homophobia, racism, Cold War scare, it's all there for the angry and scared right-winger.

The fact that the people who live there like it speaks volumes. O'Reilly and his shithead producers are floored by the notion that people might not care if a transgender hooker is smoking pot down the street, as if it is an objective truth in life that one should be scared of such a person.

5. ruidosomike

ruidosomike 100+ Posts

If you've ever been there, you know that San Francisco is a sewer, full of beggars and nutbags. No one in their right mind would care if it slid off into the ocean. Finding things to bash about the dump is like shooting fish in a barrel.

6. softlynow

softlynow 1,000+ Posts

7. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

8. alden

alden 1,000+ Posts

9. alden

alden 1,000+ Posts

10. cinchhorn

cinchhorn 100+ Posts

land of fruit and nuts!

11. Bernard

Bernard 1,000+ Posts

San Francisco is awesome, pure and simple. I have many friends that live there and every single one of them absolutely loves the place. On top of that, for every single resident of San Francisco, there are about five other people living in Oakland or Silicon Valley or some other suburb who would LOVE to live in San Francisco if they could only afford to do so. I'd like to live there myself if I could afford it.

I don't see where all the hate comes from. Are people really that homophobic? Are people really that scared of a few homeless people? Lighten up, folks.

Bernard

12. washparkhorn

washparkhorn 2,500+ Posts

San Francisco has a problem with the homeless - people who live there know it; the city knows it and the media knows it . . . From the San Francisco Chronicle:

13. stabone

stabone 500+ Posts

14. ruidosomike

ruidosomike 100+ Posts

Stop making this about homophobia. That is a strawman for the left. It's about a dump of a city that claims to be wonderful, when the truth is it is dirty, ugly, crowded, has a huge beggar problem, a huge drug problem, and the restaurants there all suck. I also know people who live iin Northern California who make fun of idiots who pay their entire salaries to live in the toilet known as San Francisco when there are so many beautiful, clean and decent places to live not far away. The fact that SF is also a morals-free zone is beside the point.

15. RabidLonghorn

RabidLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

Make pot legal and Bill could ***** more about the homeless and the hookers.

16. alden

alden 1,000+ Posts

17. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

18. washparkhorn

washparkhorn 2,500+ Posts

19. steve perry

steve perry 100+ Posts

20. DeadHorse

DeadHorse 1,000+ Posts

I consider myself fairly liberal but again, this seems to be more of a problem in San Francisco than it does in NYC.

When there's a homeless dude standing outside a Starbucks harassing EVERY single person that comes out so he can score drugs two blocks away close to a police station, this is a problem. Yes, this is exactly what I saw.

It's one of the great American cities and it has a ton of great things about it but San Francisco could learn a few things from New York when it comes to this issue.

21. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

SF is the punching boy of the right and its one of the best cities in the world.

it is one of the prettiest cities in the world due to its backdrop and it has some great restaurants but the city is pretty much a pit otherwise and the city government might be around the competence level to a place like mogadishu.

22. stabone

stabone 500+ Posts

23. 77horn

77horn 500+ Posts

24. alden

alden 1,000+ Posts

25. sak

sak 250+ Posts

I live in the bay area and love SF. I have friends who do hour long commutes to live in SF. Google started an office in SF as many of their people wanted to live in SF.

Sure, some of you may not like SF. Not every city is to everybody's liking. But lot of us do. And we particularly don't care that some of you don't. [​IMG]

26. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

Been there once, will never go again.

San Francisco is awesome, pure and simple. I have many friends that live there and every single one of them absolutely loves the place. On top of that, for every single resident of San Francisco, there are about five other people living in Oakland or Silicon Valley or some other suburb who would LOVE to live in San Francisco if they could only afford to do so. I'd like to live there myself if I could afford it.

Have you heard of an Adjustable Rate Mortgage, you may be able to get a place cheap, it's called Foreclosure!!!

27. Larry T. Spider

Larry T. Spider 1,000+ Posts

28. BLESSMEHORNS

BLESSMEHORNS 250+ Posts

29. North Beach Horn

North Beach Horn 250+ Posts

Stop being a *****. I am out in SF at night all the time, it's perfectly safe.

Bill O is a good actor, he is simply playing to his white trash base.

30. BrûléeOrange

BrûléeOrange 500+ Posts

Some of my alltime best business and personal trips have been to San Francisco. The lack of the "cookie cutter" phenomenom is a gold mine in itself. The food is out of this world as well as the weather and places to see. I'd live there if I could afford it and could get over my fear of earthquakes.

Great American city that always shows up on the "Best" lists. Beautiful and extremely interesting place. An iconic city of the world, not just the US.