Blake Gideon...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Zona Horn, Sep 29, 2012.

1. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

I just had flashbacks.

2. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

UGH, Craig Curry...(my freshman year) :angry:

3. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

BH, the scoring play started at .08 seconds and Crabtree made the catch at .04, on the sideline. Had he been tackled, it would have taken him out of bounds, leaving at least 2 seconds, and one play at the one or two. My money would have been on Harrell to get the score in that situation. By the way, indeed Earl Thomas completely whiffed.

I loved everything about Gideon except for that one fateful play when he failed to haul in a lollipop interception. Just being real.

4. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

I never did blame Blake for that game. There were a lot of mistakes made in that game but you can't control all mistakes as a coach. What you can control is when you snap the friggin ball. We continued hurry up inside the 20 which was beyond stupid. Mack said he wanted to keep the pressure on their D, but he should have trusted Colt to get us the score instead. We should have scored with 30 seconds or less on the clock. Put the blame where it belongs, on the HC. The clock was the one thing we could have absolutely controlled. And this was not the only time Mack was called into question on clock management.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

One other thing. Tech was putting on an offense holding clinic as they tried to block Orakpo. The officials were either incompetent, corrupt, or both.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

Great post BabHorn! You rock.