blu-ray prices

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by orangebones, Jun 18, 2008.

1. orangebones

orangebones 500+ Posts

there was a recent thread on players, but this has more to do with prices, generally. just to get the ps3 out of the way, i'm not getting one. i have enough things to distract me as it is, than to have to deal with playing awesome games in HD. that said, i've seen prices for new major brand blu-ray players at roughly 299 and up. i have a 1080p panasonic, and i've basically been biding my time until the prices come down. i'm thinking about getting the panasonic player, more for the sake of uniformity and positive reviews than anything else. i heard a rumor that LG was going to release a model this summer for 250 or so, but sony threw a fit. any idea on when the prices on good brands will come down? i just know the minute i spring for one, they'll drop considerably. also, do any of the major brands (sony, samsung, panasonic, LG, etc.) suck? thanks in advance.

2. DCLonghorn

DCLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

I'm not a fan of any LG products. I would stick with Panny, Sony or Samsung. Pioneer makes an excellent Blu-ray player. I'm not a gamer either but I have a PS3 because it ranks as one of the best players on the market. I also like to store pictures on it.

3. GhostOfTomJoad

GhostOfTomJoad 500+ Posts

4. longyak

longyak 250+ Posts

Wait another year until profile 2.0 blu-ray players other than the PS3 are available.

5. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

Yeah, I am waiting as well. I want one that can play multiple disks. I have a carousel 5-disk upscaling Denon DVD player that works fine for now.

6. YChang

YChang 500+ Posts

I'll buy a blu ray player when blu ray discs are the same price as normal dvds.

7. dahorns

dahorns 250+ Posts

8. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

I don't remember, but I've bought some stuff on ecost without a problem.