Bob Davie.....

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by texexted, Sep 17, 2011.

1. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Worst announcer outside of FOX Sports SW clowns.

2. BigEarlinBastrop

BigEarlinBastrop 250+ Posts

Craig Way on FM .... a couple seconds delayed but that's the way ( [​IMG] ) to watch the game.

3. Ced4Heisman

Ced4Heisman < 25 Posts

Brilliance from Davie:
    "I expect a low scoring game"
    Next play - McCoy to DJ Grant for the TD.

"If Texas falls behind in a game, who are they going to goto at QB?"
    Next play - McCoy to Shipley for a 3rd down conversion.

4. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Yeah, this team is too young and we have too many QBs what happens when we go on the road oh **** we're doomed.

5. Ced4Heisman

Ced4Heisman < 25 Posts

What bothers me the most is he is flaunting his baby blue shirt and yellow tie. Real impartial today, aren't you Bob?

6. jdelatorre

jdelatorre 500+ Posts

Brilliance from Davie:
    "I expect a low scoring game"

Low scoring = 69 [​IMG]

7. halsteadfrost

halsteadfrost 1,000+ Posts

I like earlier in the game when he talked about how bad it is to have a 'QB Rotation' and then just now (granted I'm a little behind real-time) he discussed what will UT do in the future when they are behind, put in Gilbert? At which point McCoy converted a 3rd down...

8. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

once an aggy coach, always an aggy coach

9. WabashCannon

WabashCannon 250+ Posts

He was incredibly bad. I don't know how he stays on the air. His broadcasting partner was just as bad. Noting that Texas was in the Rose Bowl last year and lost to Alabama. Seriously? Do they watch college football at all?

10. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Davie is currently the worst color analyst in CFB. And remember, there is some pretty weak competition like Gary (SEC homer...or is that Vern?) Danielson out there.

Hey Bob, did you ever think to consider that perhaps the reason UCLA was so ineffective on offense might have something to do with Texas' defense?

Geez.

11. UT1986

UT1986 500+ Posts

Technically, he's correct. The Championship Game in the Rose Bowl was on Jan. 7 2010.

12. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

Vern - who I've admired since his days at WFAA - is looking more and more like Jabba the Hutt.

13. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

I thought I heard Davie call Marquise Goodwin Marcus.

14. hotdog

hotdog < 25 Posts

Yea, the worst was when he said we might put Gilbert in if we fall behind in a game....I'm sure that's exactly what the coaches would do, seriously?

15. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

.....just replaced Brent Musberger as bottom rung on the broadcaster ladder. Repeatedly wrong on game activities, strategy and personnel. Someone at ABC should be embarassed by today's performance especially since it is fairly typical of BD's work.

16. bevo barry

bevo barry 500+ Posts

Bob Davie = aural hell

17. obsessedhorn

obsessedhorn 100+ Posts

Not sure if he's the worst...but he's in the bottom two. I did also enjoy his promise off a low scoring game.

18. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Many dumb comments. Asking if Gilbert would come in on third down just plain dumb. And he blew the personal foul call on "Marcus" Goodwin. How was that a foul? Pleeaaazzzeee.

19. horn4jc

horn4jc 1,000+ Posts

20. JuniorHorn11

JuniorHorn11 25+ Posts

I'm not sure which one said this but, "You don't have to hit him that hard to make a play."
    Are you kidding me? Did this not blow anyone else away? This is freaking football!

21. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

In fairness to him, he wasn't asking if Gilbert was going to come in on that third down play.

22. Oakhill Horn

Oakhill Horn 250+ Posts

I know I am a homer, but I was annoyed by these tow clowns constantly referring to how UCLA kept hurting themselves. However, I don't recall them saying that about Texas. They kept talking about how close UCLA could have been without stupid mistakes. It seemed to me that the game could have been MUCH more lopsided if we don't have a few boneheaded penalties and such extending UCLA drives. I know at least one of their touchdowns came this way.

23. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Musberger is still the worst IMHO but Davie is definitely giving more credit to this whole 'parity in college football' thing [​IMG]

24. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

25. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

If Musberger and Davie are the bottom two rungs on the ladder, then Mike Patrick is 5 feet deep in the ground.

26. topwater

topwater 100+ Posts

as i've asked many times before when a similar topic arises, "who in the f**k do they think is watching the game?" do they think 40-50 yr old women with no knowledge of sports are tuning in? listen to craig way and turn these idiots off

27. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

Time delay between satellite and radio makes radio audio undesireable. also, living way out in the boonies makes Longhorn radio broadcast tenuous at best.

I'd rather listen to a no-name up and comer than the pedigreed Davie just spouting drivel.

28. GabeRocksSocks

GabeRocksSocks 1,000+ Posts

It was funny how, early in the game, he was making all these coaching breakdowns on what he thought should happen in certain situations. And time and time again, Harsin would do the exact opposite of what Davie was talking about, to great success.

He shut up about midway through the game, but for an entire half of football, we got to watch Harsin publicly out-coach the guy.

29. Jim Bob

Jim Bob 1,000+ Posts

I liked it when the Bruins were on our 1/2 yard line and Davie said, "You've got to give these UCLA fans credit, they're on their feet." Wow, standing up to watch a goal line play! These fans are almost too intense. Don't they know it's just a game?

30. GabeRocksSocks

GabeRocksSocks 1,000+ Posts