Bobby Burton and Jeremy Crabtree Comments Today

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Vote For Pedro, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Vote For Pedro

Vote For Pedro 500+ Posts

I don't have a link since i heard this on Rivals Radio this morning. Bobby Burton seems to think that Darrell Scott is going to Texas. He just believes that the weather and especially the loss of JC will win out over the connection with his Uncle. I don't know how accurate Bobby Burton is on the whole, but my recollection is that he was saying a week or two before signing day in 2005 that Ryan Perrillouix was going to LSU despite his continued claims of being a solid Texas committ.

Also Jeremy Crabtree mentioned a couple of things that may already being common knowledge, but they weren't to me. Apparently Kapron Lewis-Moore was offerred a scholie by Skippy Neweasel to UCLA. Also Aundre Dean is being courted by them and has a visit upcoming.

2. Dirty Martin

Dirty Martin 500+ Posts

Crabtree is a genius. Dean is already committed to UCLA but is taking other visits.

I sure do hope Burton is right on this one.

3. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

I'll believe it when I see Scott's signed LOI. Until then I'm not getting my hopes up and think Mack should focus just as much attention on Aundre Dean, who is reported to have scheduled a visit to Texas, and Chris Whaley, who will attend the first junior day.

4. goosehorn

goosehorn 500+ Posts

UCLA will be a very good team when we play them in 2010. We will too though [​IMG]

5. HMFIC

HMFIC 100+ Posts

A&M, Arkie, and UCLA are still in it for Dean

A&M is still the favorite for KLM; but if he doesnt hurry up and commit there may not be a spot left.

The only people who felt Perriloux was going to Austin were Hornfans.

6. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

7. Vote For Pedro

8. LotusBlade

LotusBlade 25+ Posts

Mack held the ship because he couldn't find anyone to take it. Chase Daniel turned him down and was upset that he was now deemed good enough. Brown held onto the ship and gave it to a Senior walkon.

9. UnBiased Horn

UnBiased Horn 250+ Posts

mack hung on to the scholarship until RP officially decommitted. he would have been an idiot otherwise.

10. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

11. LotusBlade

LotusBlade 25+ Posts

12. velvet master

velvet master 100+ Posts

Mack maintained the offer because RP was committed, and said he was committed to Texas, until the very end. The worst thing about that whole deal is that Les Miles obviously encouraged RP to continue lying to the Texas coaches.

This thing with Darrell Scott is nothing like the RP deal.

13. boernefan

boernefan < 25 Posts

velvet master,

That is exactly how it went. I don't think any other offer was made to a QB .

14. Vote For Pedro

15. Bundy

Bundy 100+ Posts

16. TheTresLeches

TheTresLeches 250+ Posts

In an article before this year's Cotton Bowl, Chase said that the Texas coaches were very honest with him. Perrilloux was their number one QB, Colt was their number two, and he was their number three. Numbers 1 & 2 committed to Texas so he moved on. Texas contacted them when it was apparent Perrilloux was going to decommit, but he honored his commitment to Mizzou.

Here's a funny bit about Daniel and Perrilloux:

"Later that summer, while attending the Elite 11 QB camp in California, Daniel met Perrilloux. They didn't exactly hit it off.

"I was so tired of hearing him run his mouth," Daniel says. "He was like, 'I'm the best at everything,' so I challenged him."

"Let's run a 40-[yard dash]," Daniel said to Perrilloux in front of all the other campers. "Back up your talk."

They raced and Daniel said he beat Perrilloux by two yards. The Louisiana QB said he slipped and asked for a rematch after he put his cleats on.

"Next time I beat him by a yard," Daniel said with a smile."
    The Link

17. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

I like that story, Tres. Texas boy stepping up when he'd heard enough. That's all right.

18. UTeed

UTeed 100+ Posts

My guess is Mack wasn't surprised at Chase's response. No harm in trying. I'm sure Mack would like a redo on that recruitment.
    I was at an all-star game practice in San Antonio when Perrilloux, (how did that get in my bag) Granger, Olla and Roy Miller were on the same team. There wasn't enough time in the day to fit all the chatter that Perrilloux, Granger and Olla had going. It was a gathering of Peacocks.

19. ojdidit

ojdidit 25+ Posts

20. rtchorn

rtchorn 250+ Posts

21. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

22. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

you don't know Miles very well.

[​IMG]

23. Vote For Pedro

24. palmetto-horn

palmetto-horn 25+ Posts

RP's posse ended up w/state jobs and he with an SUV, courtesy of the coach w/the truck stop-style cap.