Boca Jrs. vs. AC Milan

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Napoleon, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

-SPOILERS-

AC Milan is a team of *******.

Well, maybe not the whole team, but I sure hope that Dida doesn't need to be carried off the field on a stretcher after getting tapped on the shoulder.

I sure hope that Kaka doesn't fall like he's been shot everytime an Argentine gets within 3 feet of him.

Obviously I am pulling for Boca. For four reasons really-

1) I lived in a Boca household my first two months in Buenos Aires. (There wasn't really a choice.)

2) A buddy in that house was/is from northern Italy and goes to college in Milan. He's an Inter fan, so of course we hate AC.

3) Kaka & Dida are ******* and anyone who hates ******* in soccer must therefore hate AC Milan.

4) Riquelme... Although JRR isn't with the team yet, he's the reason they are in this tournament. And if anyone has read this board for more than a few weeks, then you know that I have always been a huge Juan Roman Riquelme fan. (Getting a picture with him at EZE only added to that.)

At halftime it is 1-1. Palacio and his ridiculous little braid/weave/cloth tail thing scored soon after Inzaghi scored.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Two pictures of Rodrigo's horrible tail/braid thing.

Palacio was on the Copa America roster this past summer (Argentine winter) as a reward for a successful year for Boca. But when he got into the game, it was similar to when a Walk-On for UT gets into a basketball game with 39 seconds left in the game. The crowd goes crazy, but they are also laughing to themselves. And yet, Palacio has scored to tie it up with AC Milan. That's funny.

2. Burnt Orange™

Burnt Orange™ 25+ Posts

How did tha final score turn out? I guess we didn't do bad considering we are "a team of *******". [​IMG]

Link

Maldini, thanks for the memories...you will be missed.
    Link

3. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

As I said, the fact that Palacio actually scored was "funny". Then they picked up another goal via an owngoal. I've watched Boca play several times this year and I was shocked that they even scored. Especially without Riquelme.

Palermo gets nearly all of his goals off of headers. He's about 6'3" and in Argentina, the average height of a defender is about 5'6". That's not the case in Europe. So you basically neutralize Boca's most dangerous weapon just by having a "normal" defense.

Winning 4-2 does not change the fact that AC Milan is a team made up of ******* plus a couple of defending legends. Kaka is the Linda Lovelace of the Serie A. You will find few players who go down as quickly as he does. Although Dida proved last year that he wanted to be considered for that designation.

The top 8 teams from the Champions League could/should easily win this international cup if they even start their top guys on the bench.

4. Ballaholic

Ballaholic 25+ Posts

I believe that's a rattail (one word?)

5. ldogg53

ldogg53 500+ Posts

I think Boca played a fairly decent game... of course things fell apart in the 2nd half, but I think that had more to do with the superior talent that Milan had on the field... Kaka is a *****, but that goal he scored burning 2 defenders and the goalie was impressive... in the end I think Ibarra rocketing that shot off the left post when it was 2-1 was a major factor in this game... Boca knew they didn't have the horses for this game so it was critical to keep the game as close as possible... drawing even at 2-2 there would have been huge.. instead you could sense the team felt demoralized after that one...

it definintely would have been nice to see how the game would have gone with JRR in there... he certainly was the main reason they were in the tournament to begin with and Boca gave themselves enough chances and runs in the box that a finisher like JRR could have made the difference...

oh well.. Boca hasn't been playing well as of late and I'm actually impressed with the effort they put forth for 80 or so minutes of this game... I don't think they embarrased themselves, but certainly they know things could have been different... it was definitely David vs Goliath..

6. Squall

Squall 500+ Posts

5 stars for a linda lovelace reference

7. gobears92

gobears92 Guest

BOCA!!!!!! [​IMG]

8. HornsInTheHouse

HornsInTheHouse 500+ Posts

What a shame Maldini never won a World Cup, when he could have if he had just played on the 2006 team. [​IMG]

9. rtchorn

rtchorn 250+ Posts

Italian soccer is pretty much the sport of *******.