Boise St. v. Va Tech

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by l00p, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Alex_de_Large

Alex_de_Large 1,000+ Posts

C'mon I want OT

2. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

beamer is a joke. what kind of call was that on 3rd down when boise st. had no timeouts. they have the whole country pulling for them and they pull that crap and then play that prevent defense ****.

3. atxbomber

atxbomber 1,000+ Posts

Nice 30 yard gift from the zebras with the wave off of the block in the back and the horrible late hit call.

4. Dude

Dude 1,000+ Posts

Well that was entertaining.

5. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

Was VT aware they only needed a FG?

WTFingF?

6. Ramius

Ramius 250+ Posts

7. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

I hope Va. Tech loses the rest of their games and just brutalizes Boise's SOS even more.

8. Dewbrewer

Dewbrewer 500+ Posts

The late hit call was a bit harsh. But wow, Boise State is one helluva team.

9. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

The pollsters may take the title away from Bama and give Boise State last years.

10. atxbomber

atxbomber 1,000+ Posts

********. A great game totally marred by awful officiating in the last two minutes or so. Embarrassing.

11. txhorn2010

txhorn2010 250+ Posts

I really like Chris Peterson. If Muschamp were to go to Georgia after this year and Mack were to ride off into the sunset, I wouldn't mind us giving him a call.

12. NB_LONGHORN

NB_LONGHORN 500+ Posts

Does Greg Davis have a brother?

13. OrangeRB

OrangeRB 500+ Posts

Good game...I hate that Boise won but it is what it is. Everyone will have to hope for BSU to lose or else they will play in NCG. Coming back to win in the final two minutes just seals the deal with a lot of voters.

14. orangecat

orangecat 1,000+ Posts

well, Boise is for real. I sure don't want to play them. He drove through the V TEch D like a hot knife through warm butter.

15. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

Exactly general...those last two VT drives were complete abortions.

Unbelievable.

16. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

Questionable officiating at the end there.

Kellen Moore was ragged at times, but he was daggers in the clutch. Tyrod Taylor was virtually the opposite--MVP for everything but what mattered most.

17. WabashCannon

WabashCannon 250+ Posts

What was VT doing on that last drive? Why not just move it down field? They had plenty of time.

Congrats Broncos! Well played.

18. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

that was some ****** football by VT in their last possession. Why were they chucking the ball 35 yards down the field?!!

all they needed was a field goal.

Boise St is celebrating like they just went 12 - 0. Look at that schedule. [​IMG]

19. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

20. Soviet Union

Soviet Union 500+ Posts

I told you people Boise St is gonna win the national championship. They will.....they'll beat Ohio St when it's all said and done.

It's the year of the mid-major. TCU will go to a BCS game as an undefeated or a one loss team. Utah is good too. BYU isn't bad at all.

Huge huge win for the Broncos. I love it.

21. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

22. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

This is Boise States schedule. Are you kidding me? Brent said to get ready for the raging debate over it. There is no debate possible, it stinks to high heaven. The computers better take control of this and punish them mightily for it. Out of their control? No, it isn't. Man up and move to a bigger conference or stfu.

Mon, Sep 06 Virginia Tech at Fed Ex Field 6:00 pm
    ESPN

Sat, Sep 18 Wyoming at Laramie, WY 6:00 pm
    CBS College Sports

Sat, Sep 25 Oregon State Bronco Stadium TBA
    ABC/ESPN

Live Stats
    Sat, Oct 02 New Mexico State * at Las Cruces, NM 6:00 pm

Sat, Oct 09 Toledo Bronco Stadium 6:00 pm
    Live Stats

Sat, Oct 16 San Jose State * at San Jose, CA 6:00 pm

Tue, Oct 26 Louisiana Tech * Bronco Stadium 6:00 pm
    ESPN 2

Live Stats
    Sat, Nov 06 Hawai'i * Bronco Stadium Noon
    Live Stats

Fri, Nov 12 Idaho * at Moscow, ID 7:00 pm
    ESPN 2

Fri, Nov 19 Fresno State * Bronco Stadium 7:30 pm
    ESPN 2

Live Stats
    Fri, Nov 26 Nevada * at Reno, NV 8:15 pm
    ESPN2

Sat, Dec 04 Utah State * Bronco Stadium 1:00 pm
    Live Stats

23. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

No wonder Comrade Soviet Union likes what happened! They play in a Moscow this year. Hostile environment for sure. Does the crowd throw potato pancakes onto the field in Moscow, Idaho? Who da ho? You da ho?

24. Soviet Union

Soviet Union 500+ Posts

I just call 'em how I see them baby.

Petersen is a hell of a coach. Boise is a great program that belongs in the national elite. You must be a fan of breaking FBS/1-A into only BCS schools. Otherwise, what's the point of Boise St even competing if they're never gonna get a shot? They've beaten big boy programs and have proven they're among the nation's elite. I look forward to seeing them in the NC game.

25. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

I"m pretty sure Lake Travis or Euless Trinity could go 10-2 against that schedule. It makes me [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] for the media to fawn over their NC aspirations.

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

26. Soviet Union

Soviet Union 500+ Posts

hey 100p

[​IMG]

Venue for the Boise St-Idaho game. I'm going! [​IMG]

27. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Let's not go crazy, 69 but I get what you are getting at.

There is a difference between getting up for one game a season and doing well. After a team has battered through a tough schedule, tough as in against big players and big schools they can be fatigued some. Boise does not undergo that stress. They are not some bottom feeder and I think we all agree they are a better than average team. But they don't run a gauntlet like other teams do.

Have you ever seen that fitness program where you have 3 people doing the same exercise? One is overdoing the routine and going over the top in their execution of it. The next does it somewhat normal and the last is sitting, barely lifting their leg. Boise does the latter with the exception of getting out of their chair for about a minute in the workout.

I have a problem with that.

28. Soviet Union

Soviet Union 500+ Posts

29. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

30. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Other teams do indeed run a gauntlet compared to what Boise is playing.

Do you really compare Fresno St. (of today, not five years ago), Idaho and those teams to Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Texas Tech and even Texas A&M? We play Wyoming but so do they and Wyoming is among the better teams they will play.

Would you compare those teams to even Stanford, UCLA, Oregon, Cal or even Arizona? You know you don't and won't. I know it too.

What I do think we agree on is that Moscow, ID has a responsibility to have at least one building look like the Kremlin if not more to resemble Mother Russia.

Is any of your devil's advocate stuff coming out of frustration that no matter what your Trojans do they won't sniff a bowl game? Is this why you want this and enjoy this controversy? Maybe a little bit? Would you have the same stance regarding their S.O.S. and their patsies if you had a dog in the hunt? Honest question expecting the honest answer you always seem to give out.