Boo hoo - Broncos crying Dallas played too hard

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Sii, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

2. NativeTXchic

NativeTXchic 1,000+ Posts

The Broncos can take their pansie asses with their kleenex and go home. They won't have to worry about playing Dallas again..... BIG BABIES!

I see great things this year for the 'boys, as well as Texas!! [​IMG]

3. Sii

Sii 1,000+ Posts

as that article even mentioned

the blitz to Phillips 3-4 system is like the pass to the west coast offense. What did denver expect? Dallas to scrap all they have worked on in practice and go with a different defense for preseason?

4. BillyW

BillyW 500+ Posts

5. Hagy

Hagy 250+ Posts

6. Hagy

Hagy 250+ Posts

7. Sii

Sii 1,000+ Posts

wow...fresh smack. What does the cowboys record had to do with the point of this thread?

8. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

9. 13evO

13evO 500+ Posts

10. Hagy

Hagy 250+ Posts

11. Hagy

Hagy 250+ Posts

12. cloydtex

cloydtex 250+ Posts

Hagy's probably still fired up from one of Houston's last playoff games - a 32 point blown lead to Buffalo...

13. Hagy

Hagy 250+ Posts

14. Wesser

Wesser 1,000+ Posts

Living in the past? 3000 years of beautiful history from Moses to Sandy Koufax.... youre DAMN RIGHT I'M LIVING IN THE PAST!!!!!!

15. cloydtex

cloydtex 250+ Posts

It also doesn't change the fact that they have five titles. Enjoy!

16. Quagmire

Quagmire 100+ Posts

17. Longhorn Al

Longhorn Al 500+ Posts

I want to know what team Hagy is a fan of.

I described Dallas with one word while watching them Saturday night: Dangerous.

18. Third Coast

Might as well consider the '66 & '67 NFL Championship games against the Packers as Super Bowls, because those games decided the Super Bowl I & II Champions.

19. Hagy

Hagy 250+ Posts

20. Hagy

Hagy 250+ Posts

21. lollipop

lollipop < 25 Posts

22. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

23. Third Coast

24. Hagy

Hagy 250+ Posts

25. Hagy

Hagy 250+ Posts

26. vy til i die

vy til i die 100+ Posts

Because shitting on the Cowboys without an NFL team of your own is [​IMG]

27. Longhorn Al

Longhorn Al 500+ Posts

28. washparkhorn

washparkhorn 2,500+ Posts

I have lived in Denver for almost 20 years, and still find myself rooting against the Donkeys. (I remain a Cowboys fan).

A couple of points for context. The week in Dallas was planned out to get the Broncos used to San Diego's 3-4 defense that Wade put in place there in the Chargers' run to the Super Bowl last year. The scrimmages and preseason game were planned by Denver to get them ready for San Diego. What this showed is Denver still doesn't have an answer to the defense or is keeping their scheme under wraps.

Second, it was a week where the team returned to the Darrent Williams family. The team came out for Darrent's funeral last year and the family was prominent in the Broncos' mindset all week.

The Lynch comment is nothing more than a leader on the team trying to take some of the heat off his teammates. This is a young, hurt team. The Bronco fanbase is as tough as the Longhorn fanbase and maybe even more rabid. There are a lot of idiots calling for Shanahan or Cutler to be canned after every play.

As for the specific comment by Lynch, he is probably reflecting how he hits in preseason compared to the regular season. He is probably reflecting how preseason is a chance to practice at game speed. Face it - no one gives a **** about your record in preseason and injuries in preseason or practice are tough to stomach. His joke about Wade Phillips getting fired from Denver and exacting his revenge was ill timed. My guess is Phillips and Shanahan talked before the game about what the teams wanted to work on and Shanahan said show me what we can expect from a 3-4 defense so Cutler gets used to seeing the heat.

From a Cowboys' fan perspective, Wade has had a lot of experience since he was the head coach here in Denver. He needed to mature as a coach; I hope that he has. He failed in Denver because of his contentious relationship with Elway, for the most part.

I put little stock in preseason games and this game just showed that Denver still has problems with the 3-4.

29. DRAG69

DRAG69 1,000+ Posts

I would guess that most Cowboy haters also do not like Tiger Woods, Muhammad Ali, The Yankees or Jeff Gordon.

Just a hunch.

30. LightTheTower

LightTheTower 100+ Posts

[​IMG]

Where'd the haters go?