Boxing Skills

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Wideawake, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Wideawake

Wideawake 100+ Posts

I saw this over on Horns247 and haven't been able to stop laughing.

• Like Like x 2
  2. orangeblack&gold

orangeblack&gold 500+ Posts

Going to be a long weekend for our little Burnt Orange boxer. Can't imagine what his Twitter feed looks like right now.

3. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

LOL but I love his moves.

4. LtSwtCrude

LtSwtCrude Guest

Entire game belongs in the Hall of Fame category of "Can't get much weirder than this."

5. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Discipline... or something? I do not even know what to make of this... much like the game!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wideawake

Wideawake 100+ Posts

I think some of our defensive linemen could use some lessons from Deshon so that they can fight off blocks.

7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting, and was fast as lightning.

• Like Like x 5
  8. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Hahahahaha. Genius!

9. Desperado

Desperado 1,000+ Posts

Note to self: keep helmet on while trying to fight other guys wearing helmets.

• Like Like x 2
  10. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

right on the money, Desperado. his speed might have protected him but his common sense was missing.

I missed an explanation of what the final penalty call was - ESPN game call was poor.

I don't think the tackle deserved a penalty. Was not real late or out of bounds.

I saw Vaccarro (player NOT in game) push the downed Baylor guy in the back - should be penalized.

#11 (Locke?) tripped going to congratulate his teammate. He did not step on the Baylor player as said on ESPN. They never corrected their mistake. He should not have gone on the field. Could be penalized if ref was an ***.

Entire Baylor team went on field and got into scuffles. Was any penalty called on BU? Should have been 85+ personal fouls called.

Some of UT team went on field.... in response to BU ? no penalty deserved IMO but I am biased.

So, what was the final outcome on the play penalty-wise?

Just saw game replay:
    My alcohol addled brain got Locke and Vaccarro mixed up. Locke shoved Hawthorne in the back after the play. Vaccarro tripped over Hawthorne on way to congratulate teammate. Locke should have been penalized not Vaccarro. I still don't see Hawthorne tackle being late enough for a penalty or out of bounds. Team unsportsmanlike penalties would cancel but BU was flagrantly overaggressive IMO by swarming toward the Texas side of the field.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  11. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Texas was penalized 15 yards for unsportsman like conduct.

Nothing else.

12. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

NB, I think the only call was a hold on Texas.
    How BU emptied the bench and ran across the field without ejections with the punches I saw thrown by those Bears is a mystery.

13. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Nope, Vacarro was called for a unsportmanlike penalty or personal foul.

Ball went back from the forty to the twenty-five yard line.

He came off the bench, refer you to page 3 of the game thread.

14. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I just watched the play again in super slow motion. It was simply bad officiating.

1. Duke Thomas was OUT OF BOUNDS when Hawthorne tackled him. It was not close. THAT PLAY initiated the entire melee.

A personal foul MUST BE CALLED on Hawthorne.

2. Vaccaro comes off the bench and tries to run his knee into Hawthorne's head because he saw and didn't like the play on Thomas. Can't say that I blame him! So the PF call on Vacarro is justified.

3. The Baylor team leaving the bench merits an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

4. Corey Coleman of Baylor pushes Vacarro in the face. I couldn't tell if Vacarro pushed back. For sure a PF should have been called on Coleman.

I'm sure there were other infractions...

This has been the year of terrible officiating in the Big 12.

15. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Should have been offsetting penalties. The tackle was way late, no doubt about it.

The rest of the action should have been to see if anybody gets ejected.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wideawake

Wideawake 100+ Posts

Cris Carter giving his perspective on DeShon's skills.

17. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

FANTASTIC! Thanks for sharing. Go DeShon!