Bracketology & the Various Super-Regionals' Games

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Chop, May 11, 2022.

1. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

I think we are still sitting pretty good especially if we can stay in the winners bracket (of course). And i definitely like our chances in a super regional if we make it there.

I'm curious to see how we play OSU wednesday considering they pretty much manhandled us in the conference series. and folks may not want to read this but I want to see Nixon in this tournament with the game on the line. Its time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Last edited: May 24, 2022
  3. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Big 12 Schools
    • Oklahoma State– Projected No. 14 national seed, which would have them hosting a Regional in Stillwater. Their potential Super Regional would be in Blacksburg against No. 2 Virginia Tech
    • Oklahoma – Projected No. 2 seed in the Charlottesville Regional.
    • TCU– Projected No. 14 national seed, which would have them hosting a Regional in Fort Worth along with DBU, Texas State, and McNeese State.
    • Texas – Projected No. 2 seed in the College Station Regional, where Frogs fans say, “Better you than us! Good luck!”
    • Texas Tech – Projected No. 2 seed in the College Park Regional where they would potentially face No. 6 Maryland.
    • West Virginia – Projected No. 3 seed in the Blacksburg Regional. If they were to win that Regional, they could possibly have a rematch in Stillwater with OSU.

College World Series: Latest Projections Have TCU Hosting Regional - Sports Illustrated TCU Killer Frogs News, Analysis and More

4. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Neither TCU nor OSU will have 40 wins.

5. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I'd do something crazy to throw the opposition way off, like start Nixon in Game 3. Fortunately, I'm not the coach...

:beertoast:

6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I would play our best pitchers to win games 1 and 2. Presuming we win, I would tell the rest of our staff that the season is on you for games 3 and 4 (if necessary).

7. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

I think the regional is between us and the Ducks with a lean towards us. Depends on the conf.tournaments and who does what.
    It’s really hard to pick the best Big 12 team and we look good on stats and RPI and only 1 game behind the pack. If we beat State tomorrow and another team we will be host unless the Ducks win out.
    Regarding starters —-you could go Hansen first
    With the chance you bring him back Sunday night. Lucas seems game to take on #1 or #2 seed in game 2. Game 3 is Tuesday starter/committee.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

haha, i don't see that happening, i just meant him coming in to close a close game in the big XII tourney.

9. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

That projected TCU regional is a murderers row if that comes true. I dont see that going that way but if it does dang thats the toughest regional in the country

10. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

I looked @ the OP & could only face-palm. What a fall from grace. Hopefully the road to redemption lies ahead.

11. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

DBU and Texas State would make a mean #2 and #3.

12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Has Texas ever had 40 games won and not host regional?

By the way I looked at our losses. At least 7 BS losses. This team should be 47-10 at least if we had a normal college baseball bullpen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

1. We got 40 wins
    2. We played a good schedule
    3. Our shirts say "TEXAS"
    4. We should get a regional.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

DBU only has 33 wins
    OSU only has 36 wins
    Oregon only has 35 wins
    UNC only has 35 wins
    aTm only has 35 wins
    Louisville only has 38 wins
    Georgia Southern (rolls eyes) only has 38 wins
    Notre Dame only has 33 wins (but their shirts do say "Irish" or "Notre Dame")
    Georgia only has 35 wins
    TCU only has 35 wins (and we beat them in a series)

TEXAS HAS 40 WINS!!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Cross posted from another thread:

Warren Nolan has the newly updated RPI. Link below.

RPI (Live) 2022 College Baseball | WarrenNolan.com

We're #16.

DBU #12
    OSU #20
    aTm #22
    (looks like their chicken-sh!# move to cancel their mid-week game vs. Incarnate Word didn't pay off so well...)
    Texas State #25
    TCU #34
    -- like I said, they need to win the Big 12 tourney to host a regional
    Tech #37

We win 1 more game in Arlington, and we host. We MIGHT host without another win...
    (just maybe... with those 40 wins and all ...)

16. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

THE 40 WIN CLUB

As of right now. 5/25 4:06 pm Central Time:

The only teams with 40+ wins (and at least in the top 40 RPI) are:

1. Tennessee
    2. Oregon St
    3. Maryland
    4. Va Tech
    5. So. Miss (rolls eyes)
    6. TEXAS
    7. Wofford
    8. Texas State (pretty impressive there guys... :beertoast:)

:beernana::beernana::beernana:(it's Texas State...)

THAT'S IT!!!

Aside from Wofford and So. Miss (rolls eyes)*, that's some pretty good company.

*now that I've said that a number of times, watch So. Miss dust us 14-2 in the CWS or somethig...

17. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

All of Texas States good wins were Tuesday. They did sweep Zoma.

I’d love to be in a Texas State regional.

Auburn getting eliminated by Kentucky was good for us…

• Hot Hot x 1
  18. STHAustin

STHAustin 250+ Posts

Ty Harrington was saying on the radio this week that his dream game would be Texas vs Texas State in Omaha. I'm okay with that.

19. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Great human being; great Longhorn

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Hot Hot x 1
  21. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Arkansas!
    Talk about power on power.
    A 6 Homerun game awaits…

22. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Clemson would be a tough 3 seed.
    They’ve spent some time hanging around in the Top 25 this year.

23. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

I think the Pigs are still hosting unless they Q.

24. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

I think Arkansas still hosts unless they Q in the SEC Tourney. We probably need one more win… If we win the Big 12 tourney, a Top 8 isn’t out of the question.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Got our big win over the regular season winners TCU.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Texas hosts.

TCU travels to College Station, Arkansas, somewhere else East, or San Marcos (unlikely).

Unless they come back and win it all. Unlikely.

On the stats sheet they’re pedestrian.

Their RPI sucks.

While I like them more than most of our opponents (understatement), I don’t think they get to host, objectively speaking.

27. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 2
  28. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Pokes are in real danger of not hosting a regional.

29. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

As games have progressed this evening the Horns have fallen back to 10th in the RPI but are solidly in the top 16 and at 41 wins I think they are one win away from guaranteeing a regional host slot making Saturday massive in its importance.

• Hot Hot x 1
  30. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

And we wake up Friday morning to the Horns back into the nine slot on RPI. While that isnt the sole determiner of seeding and hosting, it is definitely one of the big ones. My only worry is the committee saying they aren't going to let a team that finished fifth in its conference host a regional because where you finish in the regular season matters.

D1 Baseball has Texas as the 11 seed with a regional that includes Arkansas matched up with aggy as the 6 overall seed in the supers.

2022 Field Of 64 Projections: May 27 • D1Baseball

• Hot Hot x 1
    Last edited: May 27, 2022