Breaking Bad

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by CanaTigers, Aug 23, 2013.

1. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

The final episodes started off full of tension and hasn't let up. Not sure how this thing ends up with the future tease at the start but this show has really come close to The Wire in my all my time favorites.

2. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

This show is definitely in my top five of all time. The primary reason for that is Bryan Cranston. He is Walter White.

I have no idea how it will end, but I hope Skyler and the kids end up with the money somewhere. And Walter? ...Well, as an old indian said once, I hope he has "a good death". Maybe he will end up in Belize with Mike.

3. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Best since the Sopranos and Six Foot Under.

4. arieshorn

arieshorn 1,000+ Posts

Best show on TV. I'm sad that it's coming to end and I am along for the final ride of Walter White. These last two episodes have been awesome. Walter is getting gangster!

5. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

It was only a matter of time before Pinkman blew and it looks like he is doing it in glorious fashion. Poor kid just wanted to play gangsta and wasn't cut out for the big time.

6. runner

runner 100+ Posts

Final episode: Walt enters witness protection program. Next scene: he ends up as the dad on Malcolm in the Middle.

7. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I think Walt makes a deal with Jesse. Jesse gets to "rid himself" of Walt by having Walt take his place in the shady relocation program; in return, no harm comes to the White family after a big scare with the near-arson that Jesse performed at the end of last episode.

Hank/Marie get to believe that Walt either disappeared or died. Skyler gets to keep her kids safe. Jesse sobers up and tries to start a life with his girlfriend from Season 4.

That is... until... harm DOES come to his family (if you pay attention to the "colors of Breaking Bad," there are hints and foreshadowing about seeing certain colors and the meaning behind them, and Vince G has been dropping lots of hints this season). Walt goes off the deep end. Comes out of hiding. Gets all armored up. Hatches a plan to rid the world of the evildoer who harmed his family. Has a cool beard and a New Hampshire license. Probably has a "good death" while avenging his loved one(s). Jesse has a change of heart and helps Walt in the end.

8. Alex_de_Large

Alex_de_Large 1,000+ Posts

Why did he go back to the house to get the ricin? Is he planning on trying to poison Hank? Could it be like Princess Bride where he and Hank keep switching their drinks to poison the other? Inconceivable!

9. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

After watching Sunday's episode, I think the ricin is meant for one of the following:
    1. Jesse, for obvious reasons
    2. Hank, for obvious reasons
    3. Someone else, for less obvious reasons, which makes #3 the most likely option

If I had to narrow it down, I'd say Todd probably has it coming. Walt hires Todd and Todd's "contacts" to kill Jesse. Something goes horribly wrong. Harm comes to Walt's family instead, either because of an accident or because something pissed off Todd's contacts enough to do the harm. So Walt makes it his "mission" to get back at them.

Another option I could see is Lydia. She's obviously pulling the "meth empire" strings at this point, including getting Todd to wipe out the Arizona cartel in one fell swoop. She'd be the "easy" one to poison, considering how naive she is and weird about her beverages of choice. Maybe he's saving the machine gun for Todd and Todd's friends, and poisoning Lydia to rid himself of everyone involved in the empire once and for all.

10. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

No commentary on last nights episode? This series is literally gonna go out with a "bang".

From the "flash forward" at the start of the season we already know that Walt is going after someone with the big gun or the Ricin. Who could it be? The Arians? They seem just bad enough to take f*ck with Walt's family.

11. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

Walts greed was the only thing higher than his IQ in the end. And that nazi gang has to be the worst shots ever.

12. Jim Bob

Jim Bob 1,000+ Posts

I thought last night's episode had a major plot hole. After cuffing Walt, Hank is so confident that he calls Marie to boast that he's got Walter "dead to rights". Actually, he doesn't have him at all. What, exactly, are the legal grounds for arresting Walt at this point? Driving into a field where money MIGHT be buried?

Walt confessed during the cell call with Jesse, but in order to use that as evidence, Hank would need a warrant to tap the call. You can't use an illicitly recorded phone call as evidence . We already know that Hank is conducting a private war here, without official DEA sanction, so he couldn't have a warrant. Walt's confession is worthless.

Hank also can't be certain at this point that he's really found the money. Walter may have smelled the trap and led him to a random location. Even if the money is found, Hank has the problem of tying it to Walt. It's buried on Indian land, and Walt was not in possession of it or digging for it when they found him. Walt could claim that Hank arranged the meeting at that location, and it would fit perfectly with his fake story of Hank as the kingpin.

Don't even get me started on the close range gunfight featuring the world's worst marksmen.

13. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

14. Jim Bob

Jim Bob 1,000+ Posts

Interestingly, it now seems likely that Jack and his guys will end up with both Walt and Jesse, either of whom could fix their embarrassingly weak, non-blue meth. Are we about to see the ol' team get back together for one last cook at gunpoint?

My main hope for the ending of this thing is that it is worthy of what's gone before it. The use of a rather ordinary cliff hanger has me worried.

15. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

16. 14tokihorn

14tokihorn 1,000+ Posts

It wouldn't surprise me if one or the other wives go bat-**** full-tilt bozo. Or maybe the high-anxiety brunette who shepherded the European market. Highly flawed she-women seems to be a big hit on other new series, so the writers will probably bring it in.

17. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

18. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Walt wakes up after cancer surgery and tells everyone about this crazy dream he had about drugs, killings, and money.

19. Jim Bob

Jim Bob 1,000+ Posts

Not only does Todd have a crush on Lydia, but they also showed the second-banana Nazi looking her over. I wonder if there's a confrontation brewing.

20. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Well, I didn't expect Hank to go so quickly. Figured his life-or-death stuff would take an entire episode at least.

Walt's actions clearly ignored the impact that his leaving would have on his debt to the Neo Nazis. He agreed to cook for Jesse's death. He is obviously reneging on his commitment, and the preview of next week's episode seems to cover that topic.

I'm still hoping he has a last-second change of heart to reconcile something with Jesse, but that looks more and more bleak.

21. arieshorn

arieshorn 1,000+ Posts

Well you can't have a series finale like this without some major characters dying. I thought Hank would die soon during this season. I just couldn't see anything good coming out of Hank's revelation. The guy who plays Hank is on that CBS show "Under the Dome" and I figured they would have to write his character off so he could film that show. These final two episodes are gonna be crazy!

22. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

Gotta give it to Hank for standing his ground and not "begging". And Walt for being so smart for so long has really let his mouth run off without thinking first a few times of late and it cost him a lot of money and now gave the cops a lot more evidence. Sucks to be Jesse at the moment but since he is still hanging around there could be hope for him yet. I am leaning towards Walt and his M60 coming back to save him.

23. Seattle Husker

In reply to:

24. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

25. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

26. Seattle Husker

CanaTigers- I've always considered "Hank" as part of Walt's inner family. Walt would do anything to try and protect him thus he's not about to sully his good name. The Hank as the mastermind was always a bluff and never would have been used. This is why he called off the Nazi's as soon as he realized Hank was there. Walt was ready to give himself up to save his immediate family, the money and Hank.

Therein lies the weakness for Walt, he's willing to manipulate his family as long as there is no apparent harm to them. As soon as they are threatened goes Heisenberg on the threat. Pinkman used to be part of the family but ****** Walt too many times.

27. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

28. Seattle Husker

29. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I don't believe Jesse would ever "give 100 percent" in whatever forced cook he was involved in. The dude was throwing a couple million dollars out the window just a week or so before this. He'd rather get a bullet through the head than help a gang of thugs with Walt's formula, even if Jesse mastered it to the point of showing Gus how well he did it in Mexico. Saving his "girlfriend" and Brock is enough motivation to keep him alive and working, but not enough to get the purity of the cook up to acceptable levels.

That's why the Nazis are going to try to bring Walt and his family back into this. And I believe Lydia is the one who is going to force her hand and give some sort of ultimatum, like "if you can't get the mastermind to get the purity up, then pull him out of hiding by provoking him in a family matter."

And I also think that's why Walt goes back for the ricin. Lydia likes her beverages a certain way. Walt knows this and is going to figure out a way to get her back in the end.

30. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Looks like this may play out into a tragedy where everyone dies.