Brewing iced green tea?

Discussion in 'Rusty's Grill' started by DigglerontheHoof, Jun 5, 2007.

1. DigglerontheHoof

DigglerontheHoof 1,000+ Posts

So, I've effectively become a Lipton Diet Green Tea w/ Citrus addict. However, it's expensive and I'd like to get the benefits of the green tea w/out all the -ates and -iums....if it could be citurs flavored, all the better.

Does anyone know good techniques for brewiing flavored green tea?

2. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke 500+ Posts

Not sure about "flavored" but I just use my "Mr Iced Tea" maker and the same Celestial Seasonings T-bags I use for hot green tea.

I'd suggest putting some orange peal in the filter as it brews and see how that turns out.

3. bozo_casanova

bozo_casanova 2,500+ Posts

Dallascowpoke,

I use and endorse that method for iced green tea, or any other kind.

4. LovinTheAtx

LovinTheAtx 250+ Posts

I second the iced tea maker, but if you don;t have one, just boil some water on the stove or microwave, and seep green tea bags.

I usually then pour the tea into another container and add water to weaken it a bit if it is too strong.

I've been using the Lipton Green Tea Bags and usually will add fresh orange slices or lemon slices with Spenda.

5. ImissWallyPryor

ImissWallyPryor 1,000+ Posts

Try Bigelow Green Tea with or without lemon. I've tried other teas with more tempting names, but I always go back to Bigelow. I tried Lipton Green Tea once, but my tastes buds balked. I'm no green tea snob, but of the reasonably priced brands, I think Bigelow is pretty hard to beat.