Briles?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by AustinBat, May 31, 2016.

1. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

I have been reading the forums on bearfans.com, and more than you would think are convinced that UT and Atm are just waiting to hire Briles after the 2016 season. Am I crazy for thinking this is ludicrous? I personally will never forgive him for voting us low enough to keep us out of the National Championship in Colt's arguably best year. I can't imagine that anyone at UT would think hiring him would be a good idea. Some are convinced that UT orchestrated the whole scandal just to get Briles to come here. I suppose we could have somehow gotten those players to go to Baylor and rape the women, and then somehow convinced the athletic staff to cover it up. I'm sure that must be what happened. :rolleyes1:

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I think I found the problem

• Like Like x 11
  3. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

It has been fun!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

The school that hires Briles says; "we want to win at ANY cost". He'll probably wind up in the SEC,SEC,SEC. Those folks really don't care.

5. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Anything bad that happens to the lesser schools, it's always Texas' fault. SMU blamed us for them getting the death penalty.

• Like Like x 2
  6. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

Briles can take a break, hire an attorney, negotiate a settlement, think about an OC position in the NFL and wait for tamu or Houston have an opening. Worked well for Petrino.

• Like Like x 2
  7. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

It's hard to believe Texas would hire him; why'd they pass on him before? It seems silly to think they'd hire him now with his baggage.

Maybe Ole Miss will pursue him if Freeze is forced out.

SEC SEC SEC

Just win baby...

A match made in heaven.

8. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

They got some delusional fans / posters over there on bearfans.com.

It seems whenever there is a scandal, cheating, rule violations, etc., somehow UT usually gets included in the skullduggery speculations or underlying conspiracy theories.

For Bear fans and aggy, it is always good to have Daddy around to blame for your problems.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  9. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

^^^
    THIS sums it up nicely! :smile1: Good analysis Dionysus!

• Like Like x 4
  10. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

I don't think he'll be able to OC in the NFL if for no other reason than all the domestic violence flak the NFL has taken in the last couple of years, and made a big show of addressing. No way Goodell lets someone as tainted as Briles join their organization now.
    He'll land somewhere in the SEC after a couple of seasons though!
    That is really sad when a collegiate organization gives less shits than the NFL, but its true.

11. bck031

bck031 1,000+ Posts

Or ou. We know they want to win at any cost.

12. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Wow, this "letter from a Texas HS coach"

• Like Like x 6
  13. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Relax, I am on the job for you today

• Like Like x 2
  14. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

AND ART BRILES - THIS IS THE KARMA FOR YOU VOTING TEXAS #8 IN 2008.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

I had forgotten about that. He really does seem to be a major prick.

• Like Like x 2
  16. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Wow!! I knew he was a true a-hole, but this takes it to a new level of a-holeyness.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

But-but-but, his daughter says he's an honorable man.

• Like Like x 5
  18. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

His daughter never got coffee at the Starbucks on 290 & Spring Cypress.:hookem2:

19. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

You just insulted prick's everywhere.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

BOMC: working to eliminate lesser beings.

21. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

He didn't vote us #8 in the final poll, he voted us #8 when we lost to Tech. Post A&M game (and OU shellacking TT), he had us back at #5, still below OU, but it made sense. He wasn't the only one who had us below OU.

NCAA will get involved this year and create a show-cause penalty for anyone who hires him. He'll do consulting work in the mean time. I bet he eventually gets picked up by a midmajor team who's ok with keeping a tight leash on him. Wouldn't be entirely surprised if he goes back to UH when Herman is gone.

22. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

One A-hole will usually see nothing wrong in the character of another A-hole. Remember the old saying; the fart doesn't float too far from the farting A-hole.

23. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

24. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, right. His a-holeyness speaks...Damn reprobate.