BU vs UConn on Spectrum 393 in Austin

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Nov 17, 2016.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

ESPN CollExtra2, channel 393 in Austin area. At least per the tv guide.
    Hope that's true. I really wanted to watch this game.

2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

well, shoot, they pulled the College Extra channels.

3. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

I'm watching it on ESPN3. bu keeping up but are pretty scattered. Both teams taking lots of 3s and jump shots, not much inside play

4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

yep, that's where I ended up watching it as well. UConn 72 BU 61. Close but no cigar for the LBs. Mulkey has a new haircut, longer and straighter. UConn is still going to be tough. Games will be closer but it's going to be hard to beat them.

5. breckenj05

breckenj05 100+ Posts

You are right BabHorn, UConn is still tough. I can't wait for our game with them I will be there! Hopefully we play better than Baylor did tonight!

• Like Like x 1
  6. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

I didn't see the UConn Baylor game. In general, how did Baylor look? What are the thoughts on Lauren Cox?

7. breckenj05

breckenj05 100+ Posts

Lauren didn't get a ton of minutes last night. She played sparingly and got some good rebounds but missed every shot she took. She got to come in towards the end of the game when Mompremier(sp?) fouled out. Lauren also didn't score or play much in the UCLA game either. I don't think we have really gotten a chance to see what she is capable of yet, mainly because Kalani Brown has been playing so well. Chou played some but hasn't scored much either. I don't think their other freshman, "Juicy" Landrum has played in the last two games, if she played last night I missed her. Baylor did not look that good last night, Nina Davis was held scoreless the entire game. Credit UConn though, they looked a lot better last night than they did against Florida State on Monday and they usually make teams look worse than they actually are. Alexis Davis had a pretty good game and Kalani Brown is asserting herself more this year, she will be tough to stop this year and she could have a monster night when we play them if our post play doesn't improve.

8. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Great summary. It bodes well for us that Joyner Holmes will be getting so much playing time this year. We'll have a few growing pains from Holmes, Underwood and Sutton but that experience will pay big dividends next year.

Thanks again for your informative recap.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I saw all but the fourth quarter and was very impressed with UConn. They have twice as much movement in their offense as we do. People are always cutting to the basket or setting screens. Daingerfield was on fire, which allowed them to win. It will be interesting to see her and Brooke go against each other. Baylor tried to go inside a lot, but it was hard. UConn had them well defended inside. Lauren Cox was not impressive against UConn. I'm sure she'll have great games ahead of her, but I wasn't impressed last night. It was ironic, considering how much UConn coveted her and how unhappy they were the she went to Baylor. Last night, Daingerfield was far, far the better player. UConn is still very loaded. Collier and Samuelson, well, all of them. Butler is very tall and helped a lot in defending the Baylor posts. It will be fun challenge for us to go up against them again as big underdogs.

• Like Like x 1
  10. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Kalani Brown... Glue yourself to her right shoulder in the paint and force her the other way. That's how to contain a lefty that can only go left with her post moves.

• Like Like x 1