Bye Bye Texas Showdown

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by bozo_casanova, Apr 17, 2008.

1. doylehargraves

doylehargraves 500+ Posts

Anyone know when its last day is?

2. texashorne

texashorne 250+ Posts

[​IMG]

This sucks. I am taking a personal day and driving up from Houston to play darts there once more.
    IMHO, there isn't a better place to play darts on the face of the planet than at Texas Showdown. You played on that stage, so you really felt like a rockstar when you hit that bulls eye. The chalk on the wall reminded you that you we apart of a historic fraternitly of those whom once felt the same on that dart stage. You had a perfect view of the drag out of the windows, a great obsevation deck for the talent that frequently walks by. Possibly one of the greatest things about Texas Showdown is that he ball-and-chains never wanted to go there so when you were there you were with your boys, drinking too much and playing darts/pool/foosball till 2 am.

3. CaptainEd

CaptainEd 1,000+ Posts

4. texashorne

texashorne 250+ Posts

5. CaptainEd

CaptainEd 1,000+ Posts

understood, i'm a 27/28 year old in the same boat. it was the flowery prose i was poking at. [​IMG]

6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

7. Ignatius

Ignatius 1,000+ Posts

8. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

doyle, this was above. If it still holds true you have ten days.

9. Hornin Hong Kong

Hornin Hong Kong 1,000+ Posts

When I saw this my mind immediately flashed back to 1990 and a girl I picked up there. I had very little bar game - I never met girls in bars in college.

However that night for whatever reason it was on. I can see her like it was yesterday but can't remember her name.

Adios showdown

Aso - anybody park one spot too far to the left in the back and get towed? F austin towing companies.

10. ed teach

ed teach 100+ Posts

I once had to bribe a tow truck driver $50, he already had my car hooked up to his truck. I at least got a few free beers from people who witnessed the shake down.

11. CaptainEd

CaptainEd 1,000+ Posts

i was up there a few nights ago and was told it was going to be open until 5/25. they no longer have any house darts, so if you want to play bring your own or call po1d.