Bye Week Diversion- LHN

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by WorsterMan, Nov 14, 2020.

1. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Yeah, I know we've seen it many times: UT vs. USC, Jan. 2006 ... it never gets old.

6:42 left 4th quarter. Horns down 26-38. Many thinking Trojans got this...

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  2. WorsterMan

On that critical 4th and 1 Lindale White was 1 to 1.5 yards short of first down but the ref somehow gave him a VERY favorable spot and Horns got the stop by 3-6 inches.

Believed this since that night.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. WorsterMan

KEITH JACKSON:

26 seconds left. 4th and 5... National Championship on the line........ Vince Young scores!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Those ******* moved the ball forward from the initial (and correct) spot; we saw it on TV in the parking lot at the Rose Bowl that night, and I see it every single time I watch the replay.

Fortunately, they didn't move it too far forward.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. WorsterMan

Proud to report Horns won the replay 41-38 !! :headbang:

:tower:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  6. WorsterMan

Offensive MVP: VY, duh

Defensive MVP: Michael Huff

• Like Like x 1
  7. WorsterMan

I may not live long enough to see another TEXAS NC... but I'm pleased my late UT graduate Dad got to see and enjoy that epic NC win in 2006.

• Like Like x 7
  8. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Depending on what happens this remainder of this year will dictate how soon the Horns are in another NCG. We have some but not enough, raw undeveloped talent, but as it stands right now, we won't be close for a long time and especially losing to teams like TCU or Tech or Baylor and OU early each season. Unfortunately, even though I won't like it, I can see the school keeping Herman another year since this season was all jacked up with Covid issues. But, if he's back in 2021, the goal is an NCG or he can take a hike.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

All teams were affected by the Wuhan, not just Texas. To the extent that Texas has both new OC and DC coordinators, that's a result of the previous ones being terrible hires, that had to be fired. So no break to Herman for that.

I can see the school coming up with some excuse and bringing him back, even without a B12 title, but they really shouldn't. If you can't win a crummy conference championship in 4 years, with a senior QB while the reining 5 year champion has a red shirt freshman QB, you'r just not going to get it done anytime soon.

Now Mack did eventually win both a conference and NC title in year 7, but most coaches either win conference championships earlier than that, or never.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Michael Griffin's interception on the goal line was huge.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I was coming out of a bathroom break at this mark of the game.
    My son was standing outside waiting, appearing totally dejected.
    "It's over. No way we score 12 points in 6 minutes" he says.
    I say "VY is still in the game. It aint over yet"
    What a finish.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

When the D stopped the unbeatable Trojans on that 4th down, I told my son that we were about to watch a Texas game that would be talked about for years. “No way USC can stop VY when he has 4 downs to work with”

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  13. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

We won't sniff a playoff appearance until the "people above" (administration/BMDs) allow another set of recruiting classes like 2000-2005. After the USC game, seems like we started whiffing on talent and started that stuff with "let's prove we can win with less star-ratings to prove we can coach". See Vince Young, let Vince be Vince, Greg Davis, drawing up the play that won it.....

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

50 cent approves your comment.

15. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Me too bro. I had that thought after the game. I saw the first one at age 14. I was at UT for 2 and 3. Then 35 years years later I watched no 4 on TV. They don’t come easy unless your Alabama.

• Like Like x 2
  16. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Im with you two on the "live long enough". Guess that's why I cannot quit attending now even though some of this s*** really gets under my skin. Only have a numbered years remaining to me and although I love to fish, honestly I like watching Texas football more. Just the way I was brought up I reckon.
    Hookem

• Like Like x 2