CA city sues man for cancelling trash service...

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by jmatt, Feb 1, 2008.

1. jmatt

jmatt 1,000+ Posts

This just isn't right.

Guy goes out of his way to recycle/reuse all his trash, and what happens? He gets sued...

The Link

2. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

There may be something a bit "off" with Mr. House.

“I don’t understand a city ordinance that requires you to fill up a can. That’s downright foolishness,” he said.

That's not what the ordinance requires, is it? The requirement is a contract, not that he actually fill up the can.

Moura said House’s lack of garbage service was brought to the attention of city officials after neighbors complained that House was causing foul smells by burning his garbage.

Looks like he may not be much of an environmental hero after all. Or a good neighbor.

3. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

The guy wasn't trying to recycle but rather simply save some money.

4. jmatt

jmatt 1,000+ Posts

If you read in the story, he denied he burned trash. Not to say he didn't though.

Regardless, if he really DID recycle/reuse/give away enough to not have trash, I personally think its pretty pathetic that he would get sued for not contracting for services.

I recycle enough that I only need a small once a week pickup, yet we have a huge bin (no option for a smaller one) and there's twice-a-week pickup.