Carlton Fisk goes off on McGwire and Clemens

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by texascoder, Jan 20, 2010.

1. texascoder

texascoder 1,000+ Posts

2. Valmy77

Valmy77 1,000+ Posts

The McGwire love is just digusting. Thank God I live in a College Baseball town.

3. texascoder

texascoder 1,000+ Posts

I guess Fisk is doing his best to balance that out though [​IMG]

When I was a kid he was one of my heros, along with Yaz, Fred Lynn and Jim Rice. I'll never forget the time that Fisk (while playing for the White Sox) chased Deon Sanders down the first base line after Sanders hit a pop up in the infield and was half-assing it to first base. Fisk chased him all the way down and told him to respect the game by hustling, etc. Classic

4. freyguy

freyguy 250+ Posts

You didn't get tougher than Fisk. I loved digging thru older baseball books and reading abt the stories of the fights he'd get into w/ the Yankees, playing w/ broken fingers, etc.

5. texascoder

texascoder 1,000+ Posts

6. grinder

grinder 500+ Posts

Great response from Pudge, I completely agree. I want to see more HOF'ers come out in this fashion.

7. texascoder

texascoder 1,000+ Posts

8. grinder

grinder 500+ Posts

9. Valmy77

Valmy77 1,000+ Posts

10. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

McGwire doesn't deserve heat for PED use. He deserves heat for blaming it on "the era" and MLB.

11. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

yeah, but he should be in the HOF. He hit 583 HRs, and none of them was because of 'roids. After all, Mac only took low doses to help recover from injuries. [​IMG]

12. texascoder

texascoder 1,000+ Posts

13. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

i can't remember where i heard the comment, but someone responded to McGwires quote:

"I wish I had never played during the steroid era."

with

"No, players who didn't use steriods wish they had never played during the steroid era."

Those players, the clean ones, are the real victims in all this. We will never know.

14. Nuclear Bear

Nuclear Bear 1,000+ Posts

15. TX-EX_98

TX-EX_98 25+ Posts

I've never been outraged by the steroid use either. However, I have been outraged by the idiots like McGwire who claim it didn't help them hit homeruns. There was similar talk when it all came out about Barry too. That's what pisses me off.

Extra strength = extra bat speed = extra distance = extra homeruns.

McGwire shamed himself, his family and the game. Not by taking steroids (necessarily) alone, but by stating it didn't help him hit homeruns and blaming his use on "the era". [​IMG]

16. TigerPride

TigerPride 1,000+ Posts