Catering in Downtown Austin

Discussion in 'Rusty's Grill' started by smoke, Apr 25, 2011.

1. smoke

smoke 100+ Posts

Just looking for some good suggestions for catering in downtown area. Will likely have around 30 people. Will need both lunches & dinners possibly.

It's been a while since I lived there, so just looking for reasonably priced and great food. Was figuring Rudy's, but know it has to be picked up. Thanks for any suggestions.

2. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

most restaurants have catering capabilities if you call. The Garden Spot cafe/catering is pretty good. Max's wine dive. depends what you want i guess. i think thundercloud subs caters which might be good for lunch although i have always been a delaware subs guy. it was a sad day when they closed the location downtown.

3. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones 500+ Posts

Places that deliver Downtown (based on my experiences):
    Pappasito's
    Rounder's pizza
    Jason's Deli
    Mandola's
    Green Mesquite BBQ (I think -- I know we've had BBQ from there at the office)

4. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Joe Cook's. They have their kitchen and a little cafe on MLK just East of Disch-Falk Field. They do a good amount of catering at UT itself and have a good following.

What's Cookin'

This is from their home page:

oe Cooks! Catering is a client focused full-service catering business. Joe Cooks! provides off-site food service for receptions, buffets, plated meals and boxed meals. We also provide event-related services such as flower arrangements, decorations, baskets, and coordination of party rentals and labor.

It is our goal to make each catered event special for our clients and spectacular for their guests by providing quality service and serving the best food in Austin.

homepage, homeboy