Cedar Park vs Ennis Bizarre call

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Jim Bob, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Jim Bob

Jim Bob 1,000+ Posts

5A State Championship game on live now. Down 17-7, Cedar Park went for it on fourth down and it came down to a measurement. The ball was visibly a couple of inches short of the stick. The ref began to signal first down Ennis...then turned the other way and signaled first down Cedar Park. The Ennis coach went nuts. Cedar Park scored immediately and has now scored again to take the lead, and the whole thing turned on the measurement. I have never seen anything like this in my life.

2. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

Three refs were right there [​IMG]

3. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I've watched two games and seen several bad calls. That call on the measurement was crazy!!

4. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

Shootout

5. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

Wow, Ennis just took the lead with :21 on the clock

6. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

Ennis 38-35

7. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

Both teams are crying their eyes out

8. Jim Bob

Jim Bob 1,000+ Posts

One of the more dramatic championship games ever. This is why I watch as many of these things as I can. The percentage of amazing games is higher at this level than college and pro put together.

9. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Saw it. How can anyone get that call wrong? It was so obvious. [​IMG]

10. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

Watched most all of the games yesterday and there seemed to be many bad calls and no-calls. I realize these are qualified HS officials, but damn...

Been trying to decide if I think replay should be used in the championship games or just let it play out, bad calls and all. We all know how important these games are to the kids and the towns they live in. Memories and pride that lasts for generations.