Celtics beat the heat in game 5

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by orangecat1, Jun 5, 2012.

1. orangecat1

orangecat1 500+ Posts

Wow, I did not expect Boston to be this competitive. Looks like Lebron really hacked off the basketball gods with his "not one, not two, not three" etc. speech.

So, will the Heat ever win a championship with Lebron?

I saw that ESPN special the other day about Jerry West, how the Lakers went 1 and 8 or something like that in the finals. That was a few years before I was a fan. I had no clue about the mental anguish he went through, especially after Wilt publicly said Jerry was the reason the Lakers lost to the Knicks. Jerry said his thumbs were so badly injured he could not catch a basketball, but played anyway. Wow!

I don't imagine the Heat will get to the finals 8 or 9 times, but it will be interesting to see what happens.

2. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

L M F A O [​IMG]

3. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

But West did get to play on the 1972 NBA championship team.

4. orangecat1

orangecat1 500+ Posts

yep Bill, you should have seen the show. Every summer, Jerry said it was "another horrible summer", until he finally won the title. Imo, he was the most competitive NBA player before Jordan came along.

5. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

I've never felt dirtier, but I'm pulling for the Celtics.

6. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

Rivers is a nice guy and ex Spur. I can root for the Celtics before Le Bomb who would easily make the all ego team.

7. Sip94

Sip94 500+ Posts

No love for the Heat. Go Celts!

8. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

[​IMG] Unless the Celtics can pull something off in Game 7... this is coming your way, in High Definition.

[​IMG]

9. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

Celtics didn't show up for that game, especially in the 2nd half. The Heat didn't beat them playing well so there is no telling what happens in game 7. And in game 7 when the pressure is on I am not sure Lebron can dupliate his game 6 scoring onslaught.