check it out............

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by LousianaHorn, Aug 27, 2019.

1. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

you talk about a who's who for toting the pigskin.............The Tyler Rose, TD, Sweetness and Emmitt.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. utxhorns32

utxhorns32 100+ Posts

That's a lot of combined yards. Emmitt wasn't in HOF back when picture shot but they're all in now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Bitter sweet picture. Sweetness is gone. Earl has lived two decades in crushing pain and is virtually immobile. Tony can't remember his grandchildren's names. Emmitt good as far as we know.

These men and their families paid an awfully high price for greatness. Bless them all.

:usflag:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Are you certain about that? I swear his daughter plays Maddie is on the UT soccer team. He looked pretty good taking in a game here.

5. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

TD was diagnosed with CTE in 2013 and he did an ESPN interview (sorry I am not smart enough to post the link). He discusses his memory loss, mood swings and depression. In the interview he talks about contemplating suicide a few years earlier. "I'm not Tony Dorsett anymore". His interview on video and print was done in 2013 about the same time as the NFLPA lawsuit against the league with regards to concussions.

I lost a brother to CTE (via suicide), in 2001. He had played for Arkansas in the mid-late 1960's. His symptoms began to appear in the mid-late 1980's. He was high functioning, but he wasn't the same guy. I think basically only the family was aware of the memory issues, etc. That is likely what TD presents in public.

You should be able to find the interview on YouTube.

:texasflag: