check out this pic..

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by SINCE73, Jan 12, 2008.

1. SINCE73

SINCE73 250+ Posts

Julio Jones, HS player out of Bama & #1/2 prep player in the country.
    Almost looks fake.
    QB in that pic has some problems but, this guy is going to lite it up wherever he goes.

[​IMG]

2. Colt McVince

Colt McVince 250+ Posts

reminds me of that curtis brown photo last year.. just hard to believe the athleticism.

3. SINCE73

SINCE73 250+ Posts

That's right!!
    I was trying to recall where I had "seen" this pic before & Brown had about the same pic last year.
    You just don't see guys like that very often considering the size of each HS class coming out.

4. ptrain37

ptrain37 25+ Posts

Check out this picture of Longhorn commit Aaron Williams and yes he came down with the int.

[​IMG]

5. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Have you ever watched White Men Can't Jump?

Just kidding....those two can fly!!

6. goosehorn

goosehorn 500+ Posts

Reminds me of that pic of those KU linebackers from a couple of years back.

7. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell 1,000+ Posts

Jones is 6'4", 215 and runs a 4.48 and (apparently) has quite a bit of hops. The #2 prospect behind Terrelle Pryor. I see where he has TxTech & OU on his list of 5, but I have no idea if those schools have a legitimate shot at him. I can't imagine him on one side and Crabtree on the other.

8. Bevo5

Bevo5 1,000+ Posts

Well..crabtree winning the beleinekoupheniafjicoijf trophy this year didn't hurt. Then again, maybe this guy doesn't want to share the spotlight.

Tech is going to be good.

9. SeeVinceRun

SeeVinceRun 100+ Posts

10. scharnell

scharnell 1,000+ Posts

11. CHETOLONGHORN

CHETOLONGHORN 250+ Posts

I wonder why we didn't go after Jones since we needed a play making wr.

12. iowahorn11

iowahorn11 100+ Posts

Because we didn't have a chance and spent our time actually going after receivers we could get. And they actually happen to be pretty good themselves.

13. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

Did anyone else notice that Crabtree was taken as a QB/Ath!! I know on the recruiting board that is probably common knowledge but I don't follow as closely and just noticed. It kinda makes you wonder about some of this stuff. As I saw it he was pretty much unranked and even unscored in the recruiting stuff and somehow he becomes the first frosh to win the Bulitnikoff!!! How the hell does that happen.

It also makes me curious about what Chiles could do at another position if he tried. He seems kind of like a Ramonce Taylor athlete to me. Where he can do untold damage comming from any where: RB, QB, WR, etc. If we could use chiles and some of the other backs we already have that could be interesting.

14. cam4mav

cam4mav 25+ Posts

i think a chiles/colt package with them on the field at the same time could be absolutely crazy to defend against. sub him in at RB and let him throw, run option with the slot or other backs, colt to chiles option pass, colt to chiles to throw to colt option pass!

possibilities are endless!

15. 7870Horn

7870Horn < 25 Posts

I thought Julio has been a virtual lock for 'Bama for at least a year. Is that not the case anymore?

16. SINCE73

SINCE73 250+ Posts

Probably so but, he's been to OU 3 times on his own ticket & has always had OU in the mix & we will get the last visit before he decides.
    Whereas in the beginning it was a pipe dream it's now a slight possibility.
    Where ever the guy goes he will be a freak.