Chris Del Conte 11 am Intro Presser

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by MudHorn, Dec 11, 2017.

1. MudHorn

MudHorn Admin Moderator

2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

I heard he wept, but can't confirm.

3. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Sounds like he did.

4. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Sounds like he will fit right in with the existing Bellmont politics. I don't mean that in a good way.

• Like Like x 1
  5. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I wouldn't characterize it as crying moreso than being choked up and seeming to be pinching himself to have one of the top jobs in college athletics.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts

I don't know how Plonsky can see this as anything but a smack down. She's been told "I'm not dealing with you, you're gonna report to this guy!"

7. pluckeye

pluckeye 250+ Posts

Actually, full-blooded crying, no. Choked up doesn't fit either. Somewhere in-between. In any case, I liked it, struck me as an example of true human emotion, from a great, strong-willed person who would also probably put you in your place if you deserved that treatment. Very excited about this hire!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Comes across as a great human being. A lot more warm and cuddly than Steve Patterson.

9. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I like that he grew up in Taos. We need more Texans to appreciate green chile, stacked enchiladas, posole and chokecherry jelly.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  10. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Plus offering the best skiing closest to Texas (Taos Ski Valley).

• Like Like x 1
  11. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Love Taos, well and Santa Fe, heck, imo N Mex is 2nd best State in the Union. Others have lots of appeal too but wife and I make sure we get in a minimum annual visit for sure, and we're not skiers. We just enjoy the SW and there especially.

• Like Like x 1