Clemens McNamee have 'Emotional' Phone Conversation

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by MikeUT00, Jan 6, 2008.

1. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

The Link

2. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

I don't get this story. I mean, who initiated the call and who reported this story exactly?

3. Viper Daimao

Viper Daimao 100+ Posts

from what I understand from what I saw on sportscenter, McNamee called roger, and roger recorded the conversation.

They were saying that Roger had to be careful with what he asked McNamee to do during the conversation or he could have been charged with "tampering with the witness", so when McNamee asked Roger what he wanted him to do, Roger couldn't say "Tell them I didn't use steroids or hgh." But why couldn't he ask McNamee to tell the truth? Any lawyers in the house care to explain that to me? It's what the lawyer on sportscenter said, but they never really explained why.

4. sounds like mcnamee was asked to call roger and bait him.

"what do you want me to do?" is the question that gives it away

5. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

6. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

In reply to:

7. Viper Daimao

Viper Daimao 100+ Posts

the recording may have been "orchestrated" by roger but from what I understand it was McNamee who called him. With what had happened, it seems prudent to record such a conversation.

8. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

His attorney keeps talking tough, as you can see in the article above. However, everything he says has been a lie thus far. He says, "...we are going to sue.." after this interview if he calls Brian a liar, the after this we will sue, etc. Clemens has CLEARLY called Brian a liar and they haven't sued anyone.

He can say "This is war" all he wants but they still haven't done anything to offset anything Clemens has done other than this publicity seeking attorney giving sound bites.

Another question, if no one accepted Clemens attorney's speaking for him, then why accept this attorney speaking for McNamee? Why can't McNamee speak for himself. Why can't he come out on the camera and face questions? Furthermore, if he is so broke, then how is he paying this ambulance chaser?

Lastly, I do not believe that he never intended to talk to Roger for a second. If he was not even living there then how did he get on the phone with Clemens? Did he not recognize Clemens phone number? If he had no intention of talking to Clemens then why stay on the phone for an hour?

This attorney is using McNamee's kid, yet Roger gets the blame for that. What a stupid argument. Why text Roger in the first place? You expect him to give you money?

9. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

10. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

11. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

Ah, I get it. eflow, my apologies. I misread what you said. (It wasn't all that clear, though.)

12. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts