Clemson - Notre Dame

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Dionysus, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Go Tigers.

• Hot Hot x 2
  2. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Don't know whether they can keep it up, but so far I am impressed with how fast all eleven players from both ND and Clemson are moving after the ball is snapped.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Big time catch!

4. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Don't look now but SC Aggie just scored before the half and now lead the loathsome Irish 23-3!

Go Tiggers!

5. Texas Lawhorn

Texas Lawhorn 100+ Posts

Notre Dame is overacted as always. They play no one all season and then get into these premier bowl games. I don’t know how the conferences allow it. If I were a team in a power 5 I would just refuse to schedule them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

overrated?

7. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Ball game

Good night Irish

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

This one looks to be over. Bring on the Bama donkey stomping of lil Kyler

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

It will be the elephant stomping.
    ACC is doing well today.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Clemson got totally screwed on that call.

11. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Retroactively saying forward progress was stopped when nobody blew the whistle for forward progress, only to say the runner was down by contact before losing the ball (which it turned out he wasn't) is crap.

12. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

This leads me to think that Ohio State or Georgia got screwed out of a place in the playoff, thanks to the ND mystique.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Yeah, without at least an 8 team playoff, somebody will always get screwed. But, it’s better now than it’s ever been.

That Trevor Lawrence is pretty damn good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

The ND mystique right now is how this team was ranked #3 in the country.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

Clemson has recruited extremely well.
    They have some dudes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. WorsterMan

Poooooor Irish!!!

About to be a 30-3 absolute BEATDOWN!

:beertoast:

Oh, have I mentioned I loathe ND?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Irish lost a lot when their corner went down, but as they can't score, it wouldn't have mattered. Clemson D line controlling the game just like everyone thought. It's almost impossible to keep an undefeated team out of the CFP. Before we bash ND, this concept might help us some day. WV's 2nd string QB looks to be a train wreck. TCU is down. OU will be starting a new QB. I don't want to go undefeated one year and people say the Big 12 wasn't tough enough and take a 1 loss SEC team over us. So I'm fine with ND being there and even happier to see them get creamed.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

I think they flashed a graphic on the screen stating that this was the fewest points ever scored by the Irish in a bowl game. Thanks for playing, folks. Now go away.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  19. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

It's all about butts in the sets and eyes on the boob tube.....
    ND goes 12-0, there were a lot of Catholics interested in this football game, which meant advertising dollars.
    No disrespect intended to LH Catholic.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Not to disparage any of our guys, all of whom I love, but just curious what you think our record would have been this year with Trevor Lawrence at QB?

21. WorsterMan

What do you think the Horns record would be with Lawrence at QB?

22. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Yep. That is why they leave it up to a committee. Control the participants in the event. $$$$$

23. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

I asked first. ;) but I'll bite--I think he would have been worth two extra wins this year.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  24. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Really freaking good

25. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Yeah an undefeated team with a p5 schedule is probably never going to get left out.

26. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

I'm very impressed with Clemson. They appear to be the total package. I expect them to beat Bama in the championship game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

ND was exposed for the fraud that they have been for years. Hopefully, the "Committee" will now forget them until they get into a Power 5 Conference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

24 hours ago I would have said Alabama beats Clemson comfortably. Now I'm not sure they win. I'm giving it a serious rethink.

29. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Clemson's offense is not Oklahoma's. I also think Saban will have some come to Jesus meetings with the offense about discipline to clean up the mess that happened there. I think after scoring 21 pretty easy points they thought the route was on and got sloppy. It will never be that easy against Clemson so I doubt we will see as many of the same mistakes. It will be a good game, but I still think Alabama wins.